News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

WEIRDOVERSE

Started by Bobby Campbell, July 09, 2013, 03:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

Thanks much!  :fnord:

The kids and I made another super silly sci-fi video this weekend:

https://instagram.com/p/4eTfr0KyW6/

We've also been collaborating on some comix stuff:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 28, 2015, 10:44:16 PM
:lulz: Poison Ivy Man.

I know! He made it up for his halloween costume, and even invented an elaborate backstory :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on June 28, 2015, 11:57:12 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 28, 2015, 10:44:16 PM
:lulz: Poison Ivy Man.

I know! He made it up for his halloween costume, and even invented an elaborate backstory :)

That's delightful.   :D
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bobby Campbell

Written by Bobby Campbell – Art by Marcelino Balao III
Continued from AGNOSIS! EP. 23X "The Grunch of Fnords"

Bobby Campbell

Illustration I did for the rawillumination.net Illuminatus! reading group

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

minuspace

Bobby Campbell

Infinite thanks, Nigel!

And you totally rule, LuciferX!!

Bobby Campbell

A spoonful of medicine helps the sugar go down

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's nice! Who is it?

Bobby Campbell

Thanks! That there is supposed to be Don Draper from the Mad Men TV show.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on July 30, 2015, 05:47:46 AM
Thanks! That there is supposed to be Don Draper from the Mad Men TV show.

Cool. I'm sure the likeness is excellent, I just have never seen that show.

minuspace

Is there a reason I'm thinking I may have also caught the style elsewhere, a feature, perhaps, about a parallel world in which science is understood as magic?  Forgive me in advance if I'm wrong about this, I have been known to sometimes take liberties with the connections I draw.  That, and/or the Don Draper thing made me do it :lulz:

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: LuciferX on July 31, 2015, 02:09:31 AM
Is there a reason I'm thinking I may have also caught the style elsewhere, a feature, perhaps, about a parallel world in which science is understood as magic?  Forgive me in advance if I'm wrong about this, I have been known to sometimes take liberties with the connections I draw.  That, and/or the Don Draper thing made me do it :lulz:

There kind of is a reason that the style seems vaguely familiar, but you can't quite put your finger on it, at least conceptually, which is that Agnosis is a pastiche of every cliche and/or archetype I can find. Of course maybe there's a particular film you have in mind that has a similar style, but the idea is to incorporate and amalgamate ideas from so many different places that it feels both really familiar but also totally alien.

Thanks for the feedback!  :fnord: