News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

WEIRDOVERSE

Started by Bobby Campbell, July 09, 2013, 03:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

:fnord:

Also then linked somewhat IMHO to the concept of 念写 -
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoughtography

Bobby Campbell

Thoughtography! Oh man that is going straight in the book. Esp. given the recurring theme of hypersigils. Also, I have a bit coming up about an ethnography of the "mind" that this will work perfectly for. Thanks very much!   :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

If anyone's ever bored at 8:08 AM EST, I've started up a daily art blog over at:
http://rgc777.blogspot.com/

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 12, 2015, 07:27:34 PM
Nice!

Thanks! Though of course I'll still post up the highlights over here  :fnord:

Warren Ellis & Jack Kirby's Robot Head

Quote"To be a futurist, in pursuit of improving reality, is not to have your face continually turned upstream, waiting for the future to come. To improve reality is to clearly see where you are, and then wonder how to make that better.

Act like you live in the Science Fiction Condition. Act like you can do magic and hold séances for the future and build a brightness control for the sky.

Act like you live in a place where you could walk into space if you wanted. Think big. And then make it better."

WARREN ELLIS – Improving Reality

Bobby Campbell

We had fun at the movies this weekend!  :fnord:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

Lovin' this thread - gonna check the links :)

Bobby Campbell

Thanks, as always, Nigel & LuciferX!  :fnord:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: I like that. Would you mind if I shared it on Facebook? I totally understand if you aren't OK with that.

minuspace

Dign' it - looking at pix 1 & 3 on this thread at work today and I'm just about ready to do some airbrushing atmosphere/space fx myself - thank you for the share :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 09, 2016, 03:47:21 AM
:lulz: I like that. Would you mind if I shared it on Facebook? I totally understand if you aren't OK with that.

Don't mind at all! I'm not all that possessive about this stuff. Once it's out there wherever it goes is cool w/ me  :fnord:

Quote from: LuciferX on January 10, 2016, 01:30:04 AM
Dign' it - looking at pix 1 & 3 on this thread at work today and I'm just about ready to do some airbrushing atmosphere/space fx myself - thank you for the share :fnord:

Nice! I've never tried airbrushing. Wd love to see how it turns out!  :fnord:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on January 10, 2016, 04:41:08 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 09, 2016, 03:47:21 AM

Don't mind at all! I'm not all that possessive about this stuff. Once it's out there wherever it goes is cool w/ me  :fnord:

Awesome, thanks!

minuspace

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on January 10, 2016, 04:41:08 AM

Quote from: LuciferX on January 10, 2016, 01:30:04 AM

Nice! I've never tried airbrushing. Wd love to see how it turns out!  :fnord:

Aha ;)  Can't get a shot of the piece I'm working on right now, different location, though one side looks a little like this :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

Super cool, LuciferX!  :fnord: