News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

WEIRDOVERSE

Started by Bobby Campbell, July 09, 2013, 03:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

The Wizard Joseph

Pure propaganda. Bravo!
:mittens:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Bobby Campbell

Bobby Campbell

I'll PayPal or Venmo $23 to the first person who replies to this tweet with the correctly deciphered message!

NB: This is an old art school project from 2002, so its cleverness is iffy at best  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

Cramulus

Thank you for that, Bobby - a good sentiment for the day

Bobby Campbell

Very much obliged, Cramulus  :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

Freeky

that one hit me in my mom feels, bobby

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Freeky on June 17, 2020, 11:59:47 PM
that one hit me in my mom feels, bobby

Me too, Freeky <3<3<3

minuspace

All of this so good! (As it always is) :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

Thank you muchly, minuspace!  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

So I've cooked up something of a spectacle over at www.maybeday.net

My usual sort of nonsense, with things suchlike:

NEW TRAJECTORIES 
A 77 page digital zine powered by the negative entropy of Maybe Logic.  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

Last plug for NEW TRAJECTORIES, where you can take a deep dive into the secret occult history of The Noid, the infamous Domino's Pizza Demon  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

Bobby Campbell

See what had happened was, for reasons numerous and varied, I absolutely despised going to daycare, and would just morosely pace around the perimeter of the playground for hours on end, waiting across aeons of perceived time to finally be rescued. Eventually other kids began to join me in my solemn parade. What a sight we must have been! A single file line of somber children slowly marching in loops around the playground again and again and again. Not sliding down slides, not swinging on swings, just walking in circles, doing time in a kindergarten prison camp. "What time are you getting picked up?" we'd ask each other.

One day I decided to take matters into my own hands and make my great escape, taking the school bus home instead of to daycare, and hiding out in the laundry room of our apartment building, as a manhunt was mobilized across the entire complex.

It wasn't long after that fiasco that I came home to see a mysterious "convertor" box attached to our television.

Out of the blue, 60 channels of crystal clear content at the touch of a remotely controlled button!

My mom explained to me that I didn't have to go to daycare anymore, and showed me which buttons I should hit on the remote when I got home from school, and that I could watch cartoons until either her or my brother got home.

Familial circumstances dictated that I would end up spending quite a lot of time alone growing up, and the TV picked up most of the slack in regards to my socialization. I was indeed very much raised by Television, as the cliche goes. Even eventually rebelling against it as a young man, and then reconciling, at a healthy distance, as I got older.

I remember feeling oddly emotional showing Gilligan's Island to my kids for the first time, as if I was introducing them to a beloved older relative, and/or taking them back to the old family farm.

"This is where I come from"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on August 10, 2020, 03:32:52 AM

See what had happened was, for reasons numerous and varied, I absolutely despised going to daycare, and would just morosely pace around the perimeter of the playground for hours on end, waiting across aeons of perceived time to finally be rescued. Eventually other kids began to join me in my solemn parade. What a sight we must have been! A single file line of somber children slowly marching in loops around the playground again and again and again. Not sliding down slides, not swinging on swings, just walking in circles, doing time in a kindergarten prison camp.

Try that kinda thing now, they'd tazer you for your own good.

Familial circumstances dictated that I would end up spending quite a lot of time alone growing up, and the TV picked up most of the slack in regards to my socialization. I was indeed very much raised by Television, as the cliche goes. Even eventually rebelling against it as a young man, and then reconciling, at a healthy distance, as I got older.

I was born in a house with the television always on
Guess I grew up too fast
And I forgot my name
We're in cities at night and we got time on our hands.
So leave the driving to us.
And it's the real thing.
And you're rolling
In the blender
With me.
And I can love you
Like a color
TV.
Now love is here
C'mon and try it
I got love for sale
Got love for sale
And now love is here
C'mon and try it
Got love for sale,
Got love for sale.
You can put your lipstick all over my designer jeans.
I'll be a video for you.
If you turn my dial.
You can cash my check if you go down to the bank
You get two for one
For a limited time.
Push my...

- The Talking Heads, Love for Sale
Molon Lube