News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

No condolences, please.

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, July 12, 2013, 04:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh, and see a doctor regularly, if you have a genetic propensity.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Left

...I'm so distant from most of my family that I don't know many names and wouldn't recognize them.
It's the queer thing and the depression thing, but mainly the feeling that they just won't get where I'm coming from.

:sad:
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Doktor Howl

I've buried enough relatives to fill the fucking Taj Mahal.

It happens.  After you're 40, you just sort of giggle and feel glad it wasn't you.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 12, 2013, 06:32:42 AM

It happens.  After you're 40, you just sort of giggle and feel glad it wasn't you.

Bingo
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

I fear that I have well entered that phase of life. It concerns me. Some of my cousins are old enough to die too young. Some of my cousins are lucky to still be alive. I look at dad and I see old. I look at mom and I see struggling, with everything. I look at mom's husband and see... someone who seems more like me than mom, even though they were high school sweethearts and broke up because he went to college in New York and mom decided to marry a blow in and spawn me and my two sisters.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 12, 2013, 06:38:34 AM

I fear that I have well entered that phase of life. It concerns me. Some of my cousins are old enough to die too young. Some of my cousins are lucky to still be alive. I look at dad and I see old. I look at mom and I see struggling, with everything. I look at mom's husband and see... someone who seems more like me than mom, even though they were high school sweethearts and broke up because he went to college in New York and mom decided to marry a blow in and spawn me and my two sisters.

TWID

FUCKING SNAP OUT OF IT

YOU'RE TURNING INTO A BORING MAUDLIN DRUNK

MAN, I'M SORRY YOUR RELATIVES DIE AND SHIT, BUT JESUS FUCK EVERYBODY'S RELATIVES DIE AND SHIT

CENTERING YOUR LIFE AROUND TRAGEDY SO YOU HAVE AN EXCUSE TO DRINK AND WHINE ISN'T TRAGIC, IT'S FUCKING BORING

STOP.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 12, 2013, 06:41:20 AM
Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 12, 2013, 06:38:34 AM

TWID

FUCKING SNAP OUT OF IT

YOU'RE TURNING INTO A BORING MAUDLIN DRUNK

MAN, I'M SORRY YOUR RELATIVES DIE AND SHIT, BUT JESUS FUCK EVERYBODY'S RELATIVES DIE AND SHIT

CENTERING YOUR LIFE AROUND TRAGEDY SO YOU HAVE AN EXCUSE TO DRINK AND WHINE ISN'T TRAGIC, IT'S FUCKING BORING

STOP.

Err. Sorry if I'm coming across that way, I thought I was relating to the fact that I'm growing older and that my parents and their generation are getting even older. I didn't consider it an overly emotional sort of thing, so much as a sunrise sunset sort of thing.

Twidsister will soon be graduating from high school. I held her as a baby. This is the way of things.

Nephew Twiddleton

It's only emotional in the sense that I only have one grandparent left, and that makes me realize, that someday, I will lose my parents too. That's not today, so I need not mourn it yet. But, well, time marches on.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

No, it's mostly that you're a smart guy and you spend way too much time justifying why you're drunk or why you've earned getting drunk or why this or that tragedy is why you're drunk, every week or less. It fucking makes me sad. It's a complete goddamn waste.

Nephew Twiddleton

I mean, if it's a more positive, thing, yay, Twidsister's going to college soon! Look at how much she's grown! I remember when she was a toddler and throwing the cat around and dad said, in a weary voice, "don't throw the cat." like he's been through this before, and then me and my teenaged buddies laughed, and he laughed, and me and dad were laughing together, because we could relate to each other over something.

Yeah, I got baggage, but some of it I'm happy to check in with customs.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 12, 2013, 06:49:23 AM
It's only emotional in the sense that I only have one grandparent left, and that makes me realize, that someday, I will lose my parents too. That's not today, so I need not mourn it yet. But, well, time marches on.

IT HAPPENS TO EVERYBODY

AND IT'S SAD AS FUCK

BUT IT HAPPENS TO ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY.

And the only excuse for getting wasted in advance is being an alcoholic who is slowly killing yourself with alcohol and using facile self-pity as an excuse to be wasted all  the fucking time.

Seriously, if we can tell on the internet, it's got to be even more cringeworthy for those near you.

YOU ARE TOO FUCKING SMART FOR THIS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 12, 2013, 06:50:09 AM
No, it's mostly that you're a smart guy and you spend way too much time justifying why you're drunk or why you've earned getting drunk or why this or that tragedy is why you're drunk, every week or less. It fucking makes me sad. It's a complete goddamn waste.

I didn't think I was justifying it this time. Sorry if it came across that way.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 12, 2013, 06:53:15 AM
Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 12, 2013, 06:49:23 AM

IT HAPPENS TO EVERYBODY

AND IT'S SAD AS FUCK

BUT IT HAPPENS TO ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY.

And the only excuse for getting wasted in advance is being an alcoholic who is slowly killing yourself with alcohol and using facile self-pity as an excuse to be wasted all  the fucking time.

Seriously, if we can tell on the internet, it's got to be even more cringeworthy for those near you.

YOU ARE TOO FUCKING SMART FOR THIS.

I know it happens to everyone...

I uh... actually wasn't pitying myself today.

Nephew Twiddleton

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on July 12, 2013, 06:54:58 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 12, 2013, 06:50:09 AM

I didn't think I was justifying it this time. Sorry if it came across that way.

Maybe it's just a sidebar to your alcoholism. "Yeah, I'm drunk, and also my cousin died". Either way, it's a fucking waste. You're too good to drink all your potential away. Yeah I'm a fucking dick, but I'm only saying this because I like you so much. If I didn't I would shut the fuck up while you kept on doing it.

The "I have a tiny personal tragedy so I have an excuse to be wasted" is trite as fuck, and YOU ARE TOO FUCKING GOOD FOR THIS.