News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Simple Foods You Love/ German Potato Salad

Started by Salty, June 26, 2013, 07:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

HEY.

The food below is one I can eat everyday format least one small meal, is simple to make, and is cheap.

what do you eat that's like that?

Maybe I'll get more food I like to eat.

It really doesn't have to be fancy BUT it must be made of whole foods and such.

Aaaaand GO!

Quote'CAUSE FUCK MAYO!

YOU NEED:
Little yellow potatoes. Or your preference, whatever.
Onion
Vinegar
Salt Pepper

YOU MUST:
Boil those little fuckers, skin on, gently. You should juuust be able to get the knife through.
Allow to cool.
Peel and cut, gently.
Lay in a bowl, MOTHERFUCKING GENTLY.
Add diced onion, salt, pepper, and vinegar until it tastes perfectly.

It should be a tangy enough and delicious as fuck.

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Is that authentic German?

Because what gets called German Potato Salad here involves mashing the potatoes, adding mayo, enough mustard to turn it slightly yellow, diced dill pickles and onions and sometimes little red diced pimientos, and serving the whole tutti-frutti mess with an ice cream scoop alongside BBQ and canned Ranch Style Beans.

Some people cut up boiled eggs in there too and they get super slimey sitting in that stuff.

Fuck Texas, doing things Alty's way.  :)
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: stelz on June 26, 2013, 09:51:20 PM

Because what gets called German Potato Salad here involves mashing the potatoes, adding mayo, enough mustard to turn it slightly yellow, diced dill pickles and onions and sometimes little red diced pimientos, and serving the whole tutti-frutti mess with an ice cream scoop alongside BBQ and canned Ranch Style Beans.

Some people cut up boiled eggs in there too and they get super slimey sitting in that stuff.

Yeah, German Potato Salad usually has firmer potatoes and a vinegar dressing, and is served warm.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: stelz on June 26, 2013, 09:51:20 PM

That sounds like someone started to make regular potato salad, but then decided to fill it with sadness. :( I mean, I will sometimes put diced pickles and/or hard boiled eggs in there, but it doesn't tend to get slimy or make people sad. Maybe because I don't overdo it or mash everything up.

But yea, I've always heard of German potato salad they way Alty described (and as Nigel mentioned, served warm), but I have yet to try my hand at making it.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Salty

Thread *POOF* repurposed.

Waste not, amirite?

Cain

Tuna HEALTHY AS FUCK sandwich:

Wholegrain bread
Light mayonnaise
Tuna fromma can
lettuce (optional)

Put mayonnaise on the bread.  Put tuna and lettuce inbetween the mayonnaise.  Sprinkle some cider vinegar over it all if you're feeling really fancy.  Voila.

Amidoinitrite?

Salty

Huh, I've never tried vinegar on tuna like that.

Yes!

Left

@ Alty-that german potato salad sounds quite good.  Though were I to make it, I would add a little olive oil, chopped celery, and some yellow mustard as well

Stir-fried spinach:
Ingredients:
-a large pile of washed, dried and chopped fresh spinach. (remember, this WILL cook down)
-ginger, sliced into thin little sections.
-garlic cloves, chopped, to taste.
-1/2 onion, chopped in slices
-1 jalapeno (or more), sliced thinly( wash hands after slicing) .
-Rice
-1 tablespoon or so of cooking oil (sesame oil for preference, but any high heat oil is ok.)

First, throw the rice on to steam cook.
My preference is parboiled rice, but whatever suits your fancy...just not sticky rice.
Second, put the oil, ginger, onions and garlic on to cook on a low heat.
You want to cook the latter until all ingredients are caramelized and softened.
You then throw the spinach in, again on a low heat, and keep stirring to prevent any sticking.
When the spinach has wilted and taken on a sort of "al dente" texture, you're done.
make sure you pour the liquid in the pan onto the rice.

Lo Mein Variation:
Add 2 tablespoons of the oil at start, and have cooked spaghetti noodles on standby, also soy sauce if you wish (good luck finding a soy sauce that isn't loaded with sodium)
When you put in the jalapenos and spinach, also put in your spaghetti noodles (and the optional soy sauce) Make sure the noodles don't stick.

You can basically adapt this to pretty much any veggie save winter squash, just be aware that root vegetables need to go in first, squash-type-things second, and green leafy stuff last.
If you want to stir-fry potatoes/yams/sweet potatoes, you bake them first.

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Peanut sauce:

2 cups of peanut butter
1 can of coconut milk
juice from one or two limes, depending
a thumb of ginger, grated or minced
4 or 5 cloves of garlic
2 TBSP soy sauce
2 TBSP sri ra cha
2 TBSP fish sauce

Mix it all up in a bowl and thin it with water to the right consistency if desired. Put it in a jar and pour it on shit when you want.

Garnish with fresh cilantro if you fucking feel like it. Good on rice and steamed broccoli, or really just about anything. Add rice vinegar if that's what floats your damn boat.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Hm, I'll have to try it with sunflower butter, but look great!

Ben Shapiro

Left over corn tortillas.
Cut them into triangles.
Fry them in your favorite oil not too much oil I prefer my chips golden brown
Blend your favorite peppers,garlic,onion, and some sort of bouillon stock.
Pour solution into a strainer until you get delicious chili solution without seeds etc.
Now pour solution into pan with left oil still in on low.
Let chips simmer in solution I try to avoid my chips getting mushy.

You know have the traditional mexican hangover food.
"chilaquiles"

If you made them too hot top them off with queso fresco, and mexican cream.

I like to eat them with shredded cabbage, and spoon of cream.

This recipe will look kind of like this, but with more sauce.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3479/3911129480_c51011a212_b.jpg

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Salty