News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Chelagoras' Special French Bread Sandwich

Started by Chelagoras The Boulder, July 16, 2013, 06:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelagoras The Boulder

this initially started as a way to wake a reasonable portion of breakfast food(2 eggs, some lean ham, toast) seems more decadent than it is. Ingredients as follows

2 eggs
1 serving of lean ham
cheese optional
1/8 cup 2% milk
2 pieces of sourdough bread

Crack the eggs into a bowl and separate the yolks and put them in a separate bowl
Add the milk to the yolks and whisk both eggs mixtures thoroughly in their own bowls
Heat two pans over medium low heat and apply cooking spray
Soak the sourdough in the yolk mixture and them place them in one of the pans until one side is cooked to taste, then flip when needed
Pour the egg whites into the other pan, allowing them to spread all over the bottom, like an omelette.
Fold the ham into a square shape and place in the in center of the omelette (add cheese if desired)
Using a spatula, fold the egg white along the edges of the ham, creating a small square envelope
Flip the envelope over to cook the edges closed
Place the envelope between the sourdough bread and enjoy your Special French Bread Sandwich!
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sounds ridiculously delicious. WTF why isn't this a thing everywhere???
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 16, 2013, 06:24:04 AM
That sounds ridiculously delicious. WTF why isn't this a thing everywhere???
GO FORTH AND SPREAD MY DELICIOUS PROCLAMATIONS ACROSS THE LAND!
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Chelagoras The Boulder

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I need to go get some French bread so I can eat the hell out of it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."