News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

This is kind of interesting, though hardly surprising.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 02, 2013, 09:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

There's been articles forever about how murder rates jump during heat waves.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

Well, I know in hot weather my patience decreases considerably, and I am much more likely to say something undiplomatic.  All it takes is two people with a short fuse and, well, it's easy for a fight to turn into manslaughter.  Someone knocks their head, gets cut in the wrong place, gets shot...

I can easily see that spilling over into all kinds of unplanned, spontaneous violence.

And, as the article mentions, there will be deliberate, planned violence as a result of rising temperatures as nations seek to annexe the resources they need to ensure their viability, or defend them from aggressors.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 02, 2013, 09:34:09 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/hot-bothered-climate-change-amplifies-violence-study-says-6C10817483

It's no secret that riots are more common in hot weather, but apparently it can have a macro effect as well.

That makes sense, and is also rather alarming.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."