News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Ingress

Started by Cramulus, July 18, 2013, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 08, 2015, 04:08:11 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 08, 2015, 01:16:16 PM
It's really weird.  The Boston Enlightenment group has stopped using G+ to plan their raids, and have set up "invite only" websites.  It's kind of nuts.

It's kind of bullshit. I'm assuming that I will be permanently uninvited from any PNW Enlightenment activities because the Old Man is Resistance.

Or because you reek of non-compliance.  You create a vortex of chaos from which no productive results can escape.  Portals would ACTUALLY WORK, and your team members would be sucked into Dimension X, where the Electrical Gods would rent them out to rough trade.

Or maybe they're just wrecking a great game by being elitist, exclusionary fuckbags.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 08, 2015, 04:46:01 PM
It's really weird.  The Boston Enlightenment group has stopped using G+ to plan their raids, and have set up "invite only" websites.  It's kind of nuts.

It's kind of bullshit. I'm assuming that I will be permanently uninvited from any PNW Enlightenment activities because the Old Man is Resistance.

Or because you reek of non-compliance.  You create a vortex of chaos from which no productive results can escape.  Portals would ACTUALLY WORK, and your team members would be sucked into Dimension X, where the Electrical Gods would rent them out to rough trade.

Or maybe they're just wrecking a great game by being elitist, exclusionary fuckbags.

I'ma go make all their shit work properly. I'll show them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

QuoteOr maybe they're just wrecking a great game by being elitist, exclusionary fuckbags.

Summary of the human race ITT
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 08, 2015, 11:09:02 PM

In Portland?  There's gonna be panic in the streets.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 09, 2015, 01:22:19 AM

MY REVENGE WILL BE HIGHLY FUNCTIONAL AND SMOOTHLY OPERATING.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 09, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

And then Portland turned inside out and vanished.  Efficiently.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 09, 2015, 02:24:24 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 09, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

And then Portland turned inside out and vanished.  Efficiently.

With a tiny sound, almost like the smacking of lips.

LMNO

If anyone else is still playing, they've temporarily changed the symbols into Pac Man.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 31, 2015, 05:54:22 PM
If anyone else is still playing, they've temporarily changed the symbols into Pac Man.

I saw that this morning.  :lulz: Slightly unnerving.

Zenpatista

I'm addicted to Ingress.... Well, it's only been 3 days and most of the time my phone has been charging or I've been trying to reboot it so the app will run. Around the university campus are a ton of green portals with a few blues fighting back. Out in the 'burbs there's a lot of blue. For now I'm hoping I can get by with my old android. However, the urge to get a new phone is starting. Anyway - fun game.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Powers That Be have cut WAY back on how much boot I get from hacking portals, to the point where I'm finding it difficult to play. Maybe I'm supposed to be working on setting up mega-fields? That seems to be the way gameplay is going, but I don't have the time or resources to work on that level.

Zenpatista

It's an interesting game, but I can see how it gets difficult to play after a while. I don't mind walking more, but there's a limit to that. I would think, if anything, they'd give more loot to higher level players. Once you get to a certain level it seems players taper off their game time and decreasing resources might cost players. For me, for now, it's fun - as long as the app loads on my phone.

Chelagoras The Boulder

i agree, I'm starting to see a law of diminishing returns with regards to loot. I think this might be a feature to help chill out those obsessive players who might grind a game like this to the point that new players are as helpless minnows in the wake of the giant level 10 whales
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

LMNO

I dunno.  I can get plenty of loot in about an hour of walking.  I sort of play it like a day of gathering/building, and a day of taking out fields.  It probably helps that I'm currently living in high-level occupied territory, so there's tons of L7 and L8 to farm. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 25, 2015, 10:41:50 PM
I dunno.  I can get plenty of loot in about an hour of walking.  I sort of play it like a day of gathering/building, and a day of taking out fields.  It probably helps that I'm currently living in high-level occupied territory, so there's tons of L7 and L8 to farm.

I'm in a zone that is essentially a clusterfuck of peanuts and chumps.