News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Ingress

Started by Cramulus, July 18, 2013, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Wow, the area around work is really active! Stuff I've just done have already been flipped. I gota level up.

Added plus, GREAT motivation to walk around.

hooplala

Yeah, this might just be the impetus to break my shut-in status.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 17, 2014, 04:48:51 PM
Wow, the area around work is really active! Stuff I've just done have already been flipped. I gota level up.

Added plus, GREAT motivation to walk around.

Seriously! I walked five miles yesterday without even registering it. This game is genius.

Right now I have the whole neighborhood locked down pretty tight, there were a bunch of portals but none of them were networked and there were no fields at all, which tells me that probably the rest of my faction here are kids. Today I plan to upgrade a bunch of the portals so I can create some fields, and hopefully level up so I can take the Whole Foods.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on September 17, 2014, 03:29:37 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on September 16, 2014, 08:49:31 PM
It turns out that Portland is almost all Enlightenment.  :| I am guessing that the University area is probably even worse. You have to go out to the suburbs where the conservatives live to find the Resistance.

How allegorical...

Last I played a few months ago, Hawthorne to the river was all blue. Downtown/Pioneer Square as well.

Alberta's always contentious and there are a shit load of portals. I actually ran into a blue player IRL following me down Alberta, undoing all my good green work.

I was on Hawthorne yesterday and it was green green green, but on the other side of Hawthorne it was a deep blue sea.

They took Mary's Club before my very eyes, too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today I made it to level 3, defeated and captured my first enemy Portal, made my first Field, and walked 5 and a half miles.

I don't think the kids in my neighborhood have any idea what they're doing, they didn't have any links made and most of their Portals only had two or three resonators. There were no fields at all. We could have this whole neighborhood inside a field if they were motivated.

LMNO

Today we take Manhattan, tomorrow we take Berlin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Woke up this morning, after making a field near my house, and they've cottoned on and made a bunch more fields.  :lol: I think they skipped the training and have just been bumbling around. I should probably talk to Pym, thats the person who owns most of the nearby portals.

LMNO

I crushed it today. Some Smurfs tried taking a few places near me, and I spent lunch running (well, walking) around taking care of business. My only fear is that it will go TOO green, and I won't have anything to do.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Smurfs!!!

Today I fielded a bunch of the neighborhood, and I need to make one more link by the end of tonight to have pretty much the whole neighborhood fielded.

I ran into Pym in person, he looks like he's about 14.

From what I've seen in the more contentious neighborhoods, the push-pull is quite strong and you may think you have it sewed up only to have half your Portals taken in a concerted attack overnight.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Someone was complaining in my feed about people making "stupid" links that make it impossible to complete larger fields. I was like, :lol: yeah let everyone else put their game on hold so you can make some huge field that makes it impossible to complete smaller fields, sure.

LMNO

Yeah, a portal inside a larger field is pretty much useless, isn't it?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 19, 2014, 11:45:22 AM

You can still link it to create sub-fields, which strengthens all of the connected portals and makes them harder to take over.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This morning, the Resistance took the water towers and the Whole Foods. The bourgeois scum seek to control XM completely, and keep it from the hands of the people, and our betterment. We are weak; our forces are not enough. Backed into our ghettoes, our territory diminishes hourly. A powerful Level 7 Smurf scum has taken the garden, and I, a lowly level 3, cannot long hold the dog park against him. Pym has vanished. I fear that soon I, too, shall perish.

LMNO

Quote from: Your Mom on September 19, 2014, 05:48:32 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 19, 2014, 11:45:22 AM

You can still link it to create sub-fields, which strengthens all of the connected portals and makes them harder to take over.

Ah.  Gotcha.

I'm trying to figure out how the system determines which portals you can link to.  I seem to be unable to choose at will.

Also, my workplace just got attacked pretty hard.  It's difficult to stay at my desk rather than run out defending my portals.  Guess I'm hooked.