Who's Who on PD.com

Started by Doktor Howl, July 19, 2013, 04:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2013, 04:52:27 PM
Faust done in OP.

You Monster, mixing me up with the hated Turk. Everything is spot on though. Frankly I'm convinced that the only reason I haven't been shot is because only I know the locations of the pipe cleaners holding the server together.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on July 24, 2013, 05:14:35 PM
Faust done in OP.

You Monster, mixing me up with the hated Turk. Everything is spot on though. Frankly I'm convinced that the only reason I haven't been shot is because only I know the locations of the pipe cleaners holding the server together.

Who hates the Turks?  They're just trying to have a good time.

It's not easy having a good time in Anatolia. 
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2013, 05:15:28 PM
Faust done in OP.

We greeks despise the hated Turk. We give you olive oil and retsina, they give you kebabs and try to steal your wife. No one try to stealing wife as well as greeks, except maybe Italians .

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on July 24, 2013, 05:19:41 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2013, 05:15:28 PM
Faust done in OP.

We greeks despise the hated Turk. We give you olive oil and retsina, they give you kebabs and try to steal your wife. No one try to stealing wife as well as greeks, except maybe Italians .

Let's review history, shall we?

Persian Empire:  Famed for law and order.  Rights of citizens clearly defined.

Greece:  3-4 wise men at a time, plus 300,000 hairy barbarians.  Add Sparta, the North Korea of ancient times.  Joe Sixpack can be arrested for taking the day off.  Killed Socrates for suggesting that things could maybe be better.  Socrates agrees with this assessment, drinks poison.

War:  Empire brings law & order to Greece.  Greece wants neither.  Greece fights like mad bastards, then gets betrayed by their own (repeatedly).  City states get all butthurt, stop cooperating.  Persian empire rolls over them like Refridgerator Perry tackling a girl scout.  Greece remains butthurt until Romans show up, then pretend they were always Roman.  Then Persian empire shows up again.  Then Ottomans, then Turks.  Nobody knows why any of these folks wanted Greece in the first place.  It would be like invading Darfur.  All war all day, nothing to win.
Molon Lube

Faust

Pretty Much. The funniest is the island I'm from (Crete) has been its own country, then part of Greece and back and forth every time shit hit the fan, or they got invaded.

But it only formally became part of Greece again 99 years ago, with the agreement that in 100 years time they can hold a referendum and if they aren't happy they can leave.

Leaving would mean they would take none of the Greek debt, and would be one of the wealthiest Mediterranean islands, so I'm pretty sure We'll see how that goes next year.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on July 24, 2013, 05:35:57 PM
Pretty Much. The funniest is the island I'm from (Crete) has been its own country, then part of Greece and back and forth every time shit hit the fan, or they got invaded.

But it only formally became part of Greece again 99 years ago, with the agreement that in 100 years time they can hold a referendum and if they aren't happy they can leave.

Leaving would mean they would take none of the Greek debt, and would be one of the wealthiest Mediterranean islands, so I'm pretty sure We'll see how that goes next year.

Pretty sure Greece isn't going to want to honor the deal, and I'm reasonably sure the Germans will back them on this.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2013, 05:41:02 PM

Pretty sure Greece isn't going to want to honor the deal, and I'm reasonably sure the Germans will back them on this.

It would be hard for them to stop it, Especially with the Scottish Going to vote next year.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on July 24, 2013, 05:43:47 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2013, 05:41:02 PM

It would be hard for them to stop it, Especially with the Scottish Going to vote next year.

Yeah, well, grab onto your ass.  While I doubt Crete, etc, will see German paratroops, there are other methods of strongarming people.

Germany isn't going to allow that wealth to slip out of their fingers, leaving them with only the destitute mainland.
Molon Lube

GrannySmith

X  

Cuddlefish

Shit got buried a bit and didn't notice pg.4 till now. Laughing my ass off. These are good.

/emote
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Left

*raises glass*
Awesome, Rev.
Just awesome.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Richter

A quick note on the Good Reverend Roger:

The Roger of the forums is not the True Roger.  The True Roger does not exist in hearts or minds.  He is not cuddly, or friendly.  He is not YOUR personal Roger either.  Don't even go there.

He hates you.  Not friendly hate either.  A good Old Testament, cold roiling loathe.  Like a well greased Ahab afloat in a sea of bloated albino slugs.  Rapt and turgid in rage he smites about him without reservation or restriction.  All that his eyes fall upon is target to him, and all damage to the cheesy seething expanse is to his ends.  No pain is collateral, since he loathes all, every strike lands upon something he hates.

Do not consider or speak of him as a mad god though, more apt to say this god is mad.  Pissed off and perturbed.  Insensate and volatile.

This is the Roger you hear in the malls and streets, upon the roads and echoing out of the meeting rooms.  This is the true Roger.

Feel free to return to your "Cheetos" and beer.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.