News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Who's Who on PD.com

Started by Doktor Howl, July 19, 2013, 04:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on July 07, 2017, 09:01:30 PM
Everyone still kickin?

I was kicking some people earlier today, as a matter of fact.  Good to see you again, Iptuous.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Elder Iptuous

8)
Nice.  So whats the haps around here these days? We still at eachothers throats in a charming way?

hooplala

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on July 07, 2017, 09:38:47 PM
8)
Nice.  So whats the haps around here these days? We still at eachothers throats in a charming way?

Yep. All ten of us.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Elder Iptuous

Well at least the cool kids are around, right?
I figured itd be active since the world is hilarious now.

hooplala

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on July 07, 2017, 09:55:26 PM
Well at least the cool kids are around, right?
I figured itd be active since the world is hilarious now.

This is our age.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Junkenstein

Quote from: Hoopla on July 07, 2017, 09:51:28 PM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on July 07, 2017, 09:38:47 PM
8)

Yep. All ten of us.

Ten? Which fuck pushed us into double digits? Fetch the ropes and horses we've got a ritual sacrifice to make.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

East Coast Hustle

Hey Ippy, nice to see you poke your head in to these parts!

This place has actually been remarkably not throat-punchy lately. These are interesting times and that leaves less idle time for bickering. And, dare I say it, the board seems to be mellowing as everyone slides into being middle-aged.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

hooplala

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on July 10, 2017, 06:21:16 PM

This place has actually been remarkably not throat-punchy lately. These are interesting times and that leaves less idle time for bickering. And, dare I say it, the board seems to be mellowing as everyone slides into being middle-aged.

Fuck yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on July 10, 2017, 06:29:11 PM

Stop worrying and learn to love the Geritol.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 10, 2017, 11:16:55 PM

I did get angry at young people wearing shorts in March this year... and there seem to be quite a few episodes of Matlock and Murder She Wrote on my PVR that I don't remember recording, so....

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on July 10, 2017, 11:44:33 PM

I did get angry at young people wearing shorts in March this year... and there seem to be quite a few episodes of Matlock and Murder She Wrote on my PVR that I don't remember recording, so....

Let me know when you have an NPR-driven "lost weekend" and get all strung out on Garrison Keiler.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 10, 2017, 11:49:33 PM

Let me know when you have an NPR-driven "lost weekend" and get all strung out on Garrison Keiler.

Is that "and now you know the rest of the story" guy?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on July 10, 2017, 11:53:22 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 10, 2017, 11:49:33 PM

Is that "and now you know the rest of the story" guy?

No, that's Paul Harvey, who was a total cunt and should have been tossed into a powered laundry mangle.

Garrison Keilor did the "Lake Wobegon" series. 

"Well, that's the news from Lake Wobegon, where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average."

Elder Iptuous

And garrison isnt on it anymore, which is a shame. Except for his singing. Dont miss that a bit.
Im now 39 and divorced, so i guess mid life hits square.
Still not as old as tgrr though. :D