News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

[redacted]

Started by [redacted], July 20, 2013, 04:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 22, 2013, 04:57:18 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 22, 2013, 04:33:39 PM
Nigel:  Have a "GI party".

What is this?  :?

Nobody leaves til the house is cleaned and scrubbed.  Everyone cleans everything, no matter whose mess it was.

Do that a time or two, they'll start picking up after themselves.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 22, 2013, 05:06:40 PM
The other thing about teenagers that they don't understand is that their parents have lives and interests outside of cleaning up after them and giving them money. The teenager can't comprehend this, but they are a temporary shitstorm of chaos in someone else's otherwise pretty stable life. It really doesn't occur to them, when they are waking up the whole house by "looking for a snack" at 3 am, that they are basically the shittiest housemate that their parents have ever had, and their parents are eagerly waiting for normalcy to resume when they finally move out. To the teenager, their behavior is completely normal, and their parents just need to deal with it because that's life.

Personally, I'm in countdown mode. As soon as the smallest one turns 18 I'm moving into a smaller house so they can't move back in.

And then they leave, and you go crazy in the silence.

Trust me on this one.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 22, 2013, 05:40:54 PM

Nobody leaves til the house is cleaned and scrubbed.  Everyone cleans everything, no matter whose mess it was.

Good idea.

Part of the problem is that I'm so damn busy with school that I have a hard time riding herd over them and breathing down their necks to make them get shit clean.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 22, 2013, 05:49:28 PM

Good idea.

Part of the problem is that I'm so damn busy with school that I have a hard time riding herd over them and breathing down their necks to make them get shit clean.

Saturdays work.  Helpful hint:  Get a friend to come help you supervise.  You two drink tea.  Tell the kids they can do whatever they like when you're happy with the house.  This should take 6-8 hours no matter what.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 22, 2013, 05:41:40 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 22, 2013, 05:06:40 PM
The other thing about teenagers that they don't understand is that their parents have lives and interests outside of cleaning up after them and giving them money. The teenager can't comprehend this, but they are a temporary shitstorm of chaos in someone else's otherwise pretty stable life. It really doesn't occur to them, when they are waking up the whole house by "looking for a snack" at 3 am, that they are basically the shittiest housemate that their parents have ever had, and their parents are eagerly waiting for normalcy to resume when they finally move out. To the teenager, their behavior is completely normal, and their parents just need to deal with it because that's life.

Personally, I'm in countdown mode. As soon as the smallest one turns 18 I'm moving into a smaller house so they can't move back in.

And then they leave, and you go crazy in the silence.

Trust me on this one.

It's possible. I think there may be a pretty significant difference between how introverts and extraverts respond, though. My friend Gordon is an introvert, and his last kid just moved out a couple weeks ago, and he's just enjoying the shit out of having all his space and privacy back, and not cleaning up after anyone.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 22, 2013, 05:51:18 PM

Good idea.

Saturdays work.  Helpful hint:  Get a friend to come help you supervise.  You two drink tea.  Tell the kids they can do whatever they like when you're happy with the house.  This should take 6-8 hours no matter what.

I don't EVER have 6 hours in a row to do something like that! I can't even imagine what that's like. It'll have to wait until after the term ends, I guess.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 22, 2013, 05:55:16 PM

Good idea.

I don't EVER have 6 hours in a row to do something like that! I can't even imagine what that's like. It'll have to wait until after the term ends, I guess.

Or you could do homework and have Cordelia terrorize them into working.

I mean, I know it's a distraction, but it's for the children.  HA.  HAHA.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 22, 2013, 05:56:28 PM

Good idea.

I mean, I know it's a distraction, but it's for the children.  HA.  HAHA.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:lulz: That would probably work, actually.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 22, 2013, 06:03:30 PM

Good idea.

She could casually mention that there's a shortage of bits at work.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 22, 2013, 06:04:37 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 22, 2013, 06:03:30 PM

Good idea.

She could casually mention that there's a shortage of bits at work.

She should get good and close, look deeply into their eyes, and then say "Those would work".