News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

PD in Greek?

Started by GrannySmith, July 24, 2013, 07:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrannySmith

Does anyone know if there is a translation of PD in greek? modern greek of course :) i searched a bit, also here, but didn't find anything... and if not, does any of you speak greek and want to help me translate?
  X  

Cain

No and no, sadly.

A while ago we had hoped to translate the PD into as many languages as possible, but many of us lack the requisite language skills to do such a thing.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on July 25, 2013, 09:48:17 PM
No and no, sadly.

A while ago we had hoped to translate the PD into as many languages as possible, but many of us lack the requisite language skills to do such a thing.

I'm still hoping for an English language version someday.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

I'm afraid I'm also not fluent in that language.

GrannySmith

:) thanks for the answer! I promised a friend to either find a greek version or make one (I've been doing some propaganda) so i'll just go ahead and start translating. If any of the greek speakers among you would like to proof read it i'd be really happy.

translations of PD, as far as I'm aware there's just the german one you have on the website and a spanish one:.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/102845890/Principia-Discordia-en-Espanol
(Btw, on the website under international, only the 2nd and 3rd links work... )
  X  

LMNO

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 26, 2013, 12:25:49 AM
Quote from: Cain on July 25, 2013, 09:48:17 PM
No and no, sadly.

I'm still hoping for an English language version someday.
Quote from: Cain on July 26, 2013, 03:29:30 AM
I'm afraid I'm also not fluent in that language.

:potd:

Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Pu ERT Oh Ricoh

Hi,

I've translated Chao te Ching in Greek, you can find all the chapters here. I've also translated various bits and pieces from our Bible, as well as whatever catches my fancy from Erisianism in general -- it's all contained in my 'discordianism' tag, here. Feel free to use/abuse them.

-S
δεν ξέρω τι υποτίθεται πως, αλλά ούτε και τι

Cain

Thank you, kind sir/ma'am.

Junkenstein

It means "Thank you" and he is unsure of your gender.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Oh, in that case please let him know that I also thank him and that I'm unsure of my gender myself. These days I mostly feel like a lampshade.

Placid Dingo

There is a (second) Polish one on the way, and I've also come across a French one on the internets and a Portuguese one availible on Lulu.

Good job, Ricoh!
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Faust

Quote from: Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Pu ERT Oh Ricoh on January 22, 2014, 09:04:17 AM
Hi,

I've translated Chao te Ching in Greek, you can find all the chapters here. I've also translated various bits and pieces from our Bible, as well as whatever catches my fancy from Erisianism in general -- it's all contained in my 'discordianism' tag, here. Feel free to use/abuse them.

-S

This is awesome. Cram/LMNO/AyeAyeAye can I host a copy of that here?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

That is pretty damn cool.  I have no way of knowing how accurate it is, and I kind of love that, too.

Host away!  This totally falls under the CC license we're using, IMO.