News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

PD in Greek?

Started by GrannySmith, July 24, 2013, 07:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Pu ERT Oh Ricoh

Thanks for your kind words, guys (or gals... or lampshades!).

To the best of my knowledge it's pretty damn accurate -- there's a couple of parts that couldn't be translated word-for-word, which I've used Greek metaphors on and noted on the Greek text as "could not be translated properly, thus is translated properly".

-S
δεν ξέρω τι υποτίθεται πως, αλλά ούτε και τι

LMNO

Quote from: Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Pu ERT Oh Ricoh on January 22, 2014, 03:59:23 PM
Thanks for your kind words, guys (or gals... or lampshades!).

To the best of my knowledge it's pretty damn accurate -- there's a couple of parts that couldn't be translated word-for-word, which I've used Greek metaphors on and noted on the Greek text as "could not be translated properly, thus is translated properly".

-S

I kind of love that.

Junkenstein

Me too. It's the kind of disclaimer that should go on all translated works.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Telarus

Brilliant! Nice work there!
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Whoa, and then out of nowhere, radness appeared!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Forgot to mention, I threw the link up on the CTC Facebook Page

Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Pu ERT Oh Ricoh

That's great! Thanks again, you guys -- and gals, and... well, we pretty much covered that, yeah?
I'm happy to be a part of this forum  8)

-S
δεν ξέρω τι υποτίθεται πως, αλλά ούτε και τι

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Y'all could just dump a plaintext copy of the Principia into Google Translate. Some of the stuff might come out nonsensical, but since a lot of it started that way too it's probably ok.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

GrannySmith

Quote from: Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Pu ERT Oh Ricoh on January 22, 2014, 09:04:17 AM
Hi,

I've translated Chao te Ching in Greek, you can find all the chapters here. I've also translated various bits and pieces from our Bible, as well as whatever catches my fancy from Erisianism in general -- it's all contained in my 'discordianism' tag, here. Feel free to use/abuse them.

-S

Ευχαριστώ Σάββα!!!  Το βρήκες :)
Thanks -S!!! You found it :)
As you notice, I still did SQUAt on translating pd ;) i'm useless
  X  

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Pu ERT Oh Ricoh on January 22, 2014, 09:04:17 AM
Hi,

I've translated Chao te Ching in Greek, you can find all the chapters here. I've also translated various bits and pieces from our Bible, as well as whatever catches my fancy from Erisianism in general -- it's all contained in my 'discordianism' tag, here. Feel free to use/abuse them.

-S
I love this!
This is very cool!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"