News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Free Yourself

Started by McGrupp, July 25, 2013, 01:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

The world is rotting. No one else sees it. But you do. It's time to be free. To get rid of this system that holds you.

Corporations and banks reign supreme, politicians bicker like children while they sign away your future behind closed doors in ever more unprecedented ways. Commercials and advertisements invade our daily lives, each one more disingenuous than the last. So many lies that it becomes numbing, and everybody acts like it's no big deal. It's like a game that everyone is forced to play.

But you're not like them.

You're different. You are going to free yourself. Because that's the worst part, isn't it? You're contributing to this whole farce. Every time you go to the store to buy an appliance, swinging through drive thru because you're late to work.

So many factors going on that every time you put on clothes, listen to music, or eat food you don't know what terrible thing you're supporting. The game the world is playing has expanded to the point where simply living a life provides all the fuel those bastards need to keep the status quo running full steam.

You can't run. There's not a scrap of earth or water on this planet that they haven't made their playing field. There may seem like it but they'll find you. They'll drag you back dead or alive and prop you up on a hamster wheel so you can keep working for them. But you're still going to be free. You're not going to let yourself contribute to the problem anymore. It's time to cut it out of your life.

Stop going to stores. You want to line the pockets of some rich fuck? Hell no. Even most of the places that act all local and wholesome are liars. You can't trust them. Get rid of it. Free yourself.

Throw out your tv. It's all lies and propaganda anyway. Music and movies? You think record companies have ethical standards? You think a multimillion dollar blockbuster makes benevolent business decisions. Even independent entertainment isn't pure. Who made their camera or audio equipment? What corporations profit from them? From raw materials to marketing you can't trust anything. Get rid of it. Free yourself.

You own a car? Got some bad news for you there. Switch to the bus? Great, now instead of a corporation you're supporting a government system. You think either of them have your best interests at heart? That computer you're on? Google some of the parts it's made from. Ask yourself how much of it was probably made by slaves. Get rid of it. Free yourself.

While we're talking about slaves, how about you take a look at your clothes? Read the tags and do some research. Best case scenario you don't know who the hell made it. You can bet that it wasn't a happy well paid person. Get rid of it. Free yourself.

Those people you know? Even the ones called your friends? Sheeple, more like it. They're not like you, and even if they pretend to be they don't know how to be pure. They still support their masters. They join causes that will only betray them in the end. You're not dumb enough to believe in their political parties or causes. They are part of the problem. Get rid of them. Free yourself.

Leave your apartment. Walk away from that 30 year old mortgage. Quit your job. Take your money out of the bank, better yet, throw it away. It's just a tool of the oppressive system you're trying to escape. Get rid of it. Free yourself.

You've finally done it.

You're naked.

You're alone.

You're penniless.

You're finally free.

Naked, alone, and lying in a ditch......Because, yeah. That'll show 'em.

You think this changes anything? Is the world a better place now?  No?

Well get up, then. Brush yourself off. Think about what you did and why you did it.

You want to be pure?  You want to live a blameless life free of hypocrisy? Go be a chair. Go be a rock or a doorknob. Because inanimate objects are the only things that get to be that sort of thing.

You are human. You are going to be a hypocrite. You are going to fuck up. You're going to be wrong. A lot. Sometimes you won't be able to change the things you want to change. It's okay not to be Batman.

And those sheeple? They're not sheep. They're people. They just happen to be asleep and guess what? So are you 80-90 percent of the time. Maybe some of them won't wake up. But none of them will if you use words like sheeple. Would you?

But not everything you did was stupid. Maybe you would feel better if you shopped at different stores, if you chose different friends, if you did a little more research and thinking about the world around you.

Aiming to live a perfect life is folly. Aim to live a better one.

Learn to master the fine art of not-freaking-out-when-someone-believes-something-different-than-you.

Don't become as rigid as the system you hate. Don't let your aversion to their rules define your freedom. Break yourself of the either/or nonsense.

It's hard work. You'll be pulled at constantly as the world ebbs and flows around you. You'll have to think hard and decide when you will and won't be pulled. Sometimes you'll do some pushing yourself. If you push the wrong way (and you will), change your direction. Roll with the punches. Don't stop thinking.

Just because you play within the game. Doesn't mean you have to play their game.

Free yourself.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I love this so hard I want to have its babies.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: McGrupp on July 25, 2013, 01:52:56 AM

And those sheeple? They're not sheep. They're people. They just happen to be asleep and guess what? So are you 80-90 percent of the time. Maybe some of them won't wake up. But none of them will if you use words like sheeple. Would you?

THIS SHIT.  RIGHT THERE.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

FUCKING GOLDEN. This part right here:
QuoteAiming to live a perfect life is folly. Aim to live a better one.
RAH!

:mittens:

Consider submitting to Bitter Tea?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Left

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

McGrupp

Thanks so much. This is heavily influenced by the stuff I've read here at PD. Also somewhat autobiographical, there actually was a time when I considered burning all my possessions and running to the hills, fortunately realizing that was silly before doing it.
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 25, 2013, 03:39:20 AM
FUCKING GOLDEN. This part right here:
QuoteAiming to live a perfect life is folly. Aim to live a better one.
RAH!

:mittens:

Consider submitting to Bitter Tea?

Absolutely. Have at it.

GrannySmith

X  

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 25, 2013, 01:52:56 AM
You want to be pure?  You want to live a blameless life free of hypocrisy? Go be a chair. Go be a rock or a doorknob. Because inanimate objects are the only things that get to be that sort of thing.

I really liked that part. It would be a great line to use on internet pagans. You wrote this whole piece well, McGrupp. Thanks for sharing it. :)
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Pæs

A friend shared this on Facebook, originally posted by "WAKE UP NZ".

Don't know if I gained any favour by responding "I find the best way to keep 'em asleep and reinforce their alienation is by asserting that I am awake and they are not. Makes me feel good, makes them feel judged and unreceptive to my ideas. Win-win."

Don Coyote

Cain

You should add something about should NZ WAKE UP on the command of a man who doesn't even bother to check the veracity of the quotes he posts.

Da Vinci never said such a thing.  Sigmund Freud did of him, however.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Carlos Danger on August 11, 2013, 07:01:01 PM
You should add something about should NZ WAKE UP on the command of a man who doesn't even bother to check the veracity of the quotes he posts.

Da Vinci never said such a thing.  Sigmund Freud did of him, however.

:lulz:

tarod

Junkenstein

Excellent peice. I particularly liked the "Free yourself" repetition, very effective. I would suggest the "people" bit, if anything deserves a little more attention.

QuoteThose people you know? Even the ones called your friends? Sheeple, more like it. They're not like you, and even if they pretend to be they don't know how to be pure. They still support their masters. They join causes that will only betray them in the end. You're not dumb enough to believe in their political parties or causes. They are part of the problem. Get rid of them. Free yourself.

I'm thinking more about the closer, more personal relationships here.
You kind of start to go into that with:
QuoteLearn to master the fine art of not-freaking-out-when-someone-believes-something-different-than-you.

Need sleep, this is more a reminder for me to try and make this make more sense tomorrow.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.