News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Pizzarito- The Pizza Burrito!

Started by Chelagoras The Boulder, July 25, 2013, 09:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelagoras The Boulder

K, i usually make these using an electric stove with a tabletop surface, which helps heat the tortillas evenly. If you have a different kind of oven, heating them in a toaster oven for 1-2 minutes can also work.
First, heat up some tomato sauce. The canned kind is okay, tho thicker is better for this dish.
With this recipe, it helps to get the big restaurant style flour tortillas, and if you can get the fluffier hand-pressed fancy kind, so much the better
Briefly heat the tortillas on the stovetop or oven. It should heat up just enough so that the starch is loosening up and becomes soft
Next add your sauce. Unlike a pizza, try to keep the sauce in a strip in the center of the tortilla.
Now comes the toppings. put the shredded cheese directly on top of the sauce so that it begins to melt.
Add whatever your favorite toppings are (mine are ham and pineapple) but make sure they only take up the middle 1/3 area of the tortilla
Finally fold the burrito so that the left and right outer edges fold over the toppings in the center, then use your thumbs to lift the edge closest to you over the rest of the burrito. Use this edge to push the toppings into a cylindrical shape end then roll the burrito towards the edge farthest from you. if your stovetops still on, i like to grill the edge so that it stays closed easier.
Last step, enjoy your delicious Pizzarito!
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's sort of like a homemade Hot Pocket!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

Only without the diarrhea!*

*hopefully
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pope Pixie Pickle

i did something like this with chicken and jerk bbq sauce on my george foreman thingy.

corn tortillas, jerk bbq sauce, jerk chicken and then cheese folded to be quesadilla shaped and toasted, I put a wee bit of butter on the outside (literally just a scrape) before toasting and did serve with some salsa and creme fraiche (Store closest had no sour cream)