News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Remember the kid the DEA "lost" for 5 days in a holding cell?

Started by Telarus, July 31, 2013, 05:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/30/justice/california-dea-settlement/index.html

Daniel Chong, forgotten in DEA cell, settles suit for $4.1 million
QuoteSan Diego (CNN) -- A University of California San Diego student left unmonitored in a holding cell for five days by the Drug Enforcement Administration has settled a lawsuit for $4.1 million, his attorney said Tuesday.

"This was a mistake of unbelievable and unimaginable proportions," said attorney Julia Yoo.

Daniel Chong, 25, drank his own urine to survive and even wrote a farewell note to his mother before authorities discovered him severely dehydrated after a 2012 drug raid in San Diego.

[MORE]
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cainad (dec.)

Some guy not only gets free, but actually wins a settlement against Teh Government after getting fucked over and nearly killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Must be an Onion article.

Left

Wow, that's fucking awful.  I'd not heard of this kid.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

It was just a paperwork error.  Certainly you can't blame the system for this sort of thing.  And it's not like the kid was Quality People, right? 
Molon Lube

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 31, 2013, 07:37:07 PM
It was just a paperwork error.  Certainly you can't blame the system for this sort of thing.  And it's not like the kid was Quality People, right?

He probably smoked weed at least once, or something. We'll sort out why he deserved it after he's been punished; it's much more efficient that way.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cainad on July 31, 2013, 08:31:47 PM

He probably smoked weed at least once, or something. We'll sort out why he deserved it after he's been punished; it's much more efficient that way.

Everyone's guilty.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 31, 2013, 09:31:29 PM
Quote from: Cainad on July 31, 2013, 08:31:47 PM

Everyone's guilty.

Oh yes. You're not free, you've just not been caught yet.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

^^^ Newsfeed, T-shirt, memebomb, roflbot, et al, etc, ad nauseum.

Q. G. Pennyworth

LMNO

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO