Cage match: Mickey D's vs. Google Glass

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, August 02, 2013, 03:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

Because it's about the most commercial cesspool in Paris, that street.  I haven't been in...shit, 8 years or so, but I'd be willing to bet it is one long strip of McDonalds, Starbucks, Costa, Subway, probably an Apple store, some high end designers.  It basically looks like any high street in any major American or European city.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Doktor Howl

The first link 503'd on me.

Why the fuck would these people attack some guy wearing glasses? 
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

HAR!  So these fucking retards attacked a visually-handicapped guy for wearing glasses that allow him to see?

Next I assume they'll be pitching people out of wheelchairs.

I hope they get prosecuted for aggravated battery, or whatever the equivalent charge is in France.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/14/google-glass-ban-privacy-concerns_n_2856385.html

QuoteDavid Meinert wasn't expecting his Facebook post to draw the attention of the international media.

After all, he'd only spent about 20 seconds thinking about the post, which said that Google Glass, the much-hyped augmented reality spectacles scheduled to be released later this year, wouldn't be permitted in his Seattle bar and diner, The 5 Point Cafe.

But the March 5 message, which noted the diner would be "the first Seattle business to ban in advance Google Glasses" and that "ass kickings will be encouraged for violators," received quite a bit of attention.

This is awesome.  It's the obvious extension of the politics and societal norms since 1980.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I hope that fucker never complains about police beating people when they realize they're being taped.  Because this is the EXACT SAME SHIT...Except that you're probably NOT being taped.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Anna Mae Bollocks

First link isn't working for me anymore either, Dok.

It was a news blurb with a pic of a McDonald's door with a "No Google Glass Allowed" decal.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

To be fair, it wasn't google glass. It was the guy's own prototype wearable computer, and bits of it are embedded in his head:

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Polyethyline Glycol on August 05, 2013, 09:56:08 PM
To be fair, it wasn't google glass. It was the guy's own prototype wearable computer, and bits of it are embedded in his head:

Yeah, pretty sure I called attention to that, Enki.
Molon Lube

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I don't see any post of yours that mentions wires embedded into his scalp in the thread.

(I also don't see any post mentioning the fact that he shat himself because of it, of course, or that the TSA did the same thing to him a few years ago.)

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Polyethyline Glycol on August 05, 2013, 10:56:41 PM
I don't see any post of yours that mentions wires embedded into his scalp in the thread.

(I also don't see any post mentioning the fact that he shat himself because of it, of course, or that the TSA did the same thing to him a few years ago.)

Yeah, quoted the article, asshole.  The bit about the doctor's note?

UNNNNNNNNNNNG.

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 05, 2013, 10:46:09 PM

It IS right in the article... I guess maybe Enki thinks that nobody else here can read?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on August 05, 2013, 11:00:47 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 05, 2013, 10:46:09 PM

It IS right in the article... I guess maybe Enki thinks that nobody else here can read?

That picture is going to fuck with my sleep for weeks.
Molon Lube