News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

The same part of the brain lights up

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, August 17, 2013, 10:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Heavy Metal Jacket Wearing Bear With Mind Lasers on August 19, 2013, 07:35:54 AM
Did you ever finish watching those lectures of that neurologist who  was explaining to Dawkins and others the results of spirituality, and religion on the human brain. If humans have bad wiring that cause them to be spiritual then we shouldn't blame them since its not there fault they didn't choose to be wired wrong etc.

I don't remember how long ago those lectures were though. Since my semester is over its on a list of things I want to catch up to.

I don't remember those, do you remember the neuroogist's name?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 19, 2013, 04:07:23 PM
Quote from: Heavy Metal Jacket Wearing Bear With Mind Lasers on August 19, 2013, 07:35:54 AM
Did you ever finish watching those lectures of that neurologist who  was explaining to Dawkins and others the results of spirituality, and religion on the human brain. If humans have bad wiring that cause them to be spiritual then we shouldn't blame them since its not there fault they didn't choose to be wired wrong etc.

I don't remember how long ago those lectures were though. Since my semester is over its on a list of things I want to catch up to.

Ramachandran, the Director of the Centre for Brain and Cognition and Distinguished Professor with the Psychology Department and Neurosciences Program at the University of California.

Looking for updated lectures, or at least the one where he explains that people might be hardwired wrong to believe in something that is false when it's cleary true. For example: a patient believing that their right arm exists even though they clearly have it cut off.

Similar lecture though:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjJ7jIVUDU4

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reverend What's His Bear on August 19, 2013, 10:37:21 PM
Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 19, 2013, 04:07:23 PM

Ramachandran, the Director of the Centre for Brain and Cognition and Distinguished Professor with the Psychology Department and Neurosciences Program at the University of California.

Looking for updated lectures, or at least the one where he explains that people might be hardwired wrong to believe in something that is false when it's cleary true. For example: a patient believing that their right arm exists even though they clearly have it cut off.

Similar lecture though:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjJ7jIVUDU4

Looks interesting, but is very long so I'll save it for later. I have a speech I need to finish by Thursday at noon, and you would think I have plenty of time to do it but I don't, really.