News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Oh those wacky DEA Agents

Started by Telarus, August 05, 2013, 08:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 07, 2013, 12:35:34 PM
Quote from: The End on August 07, 2013, 12:29:24 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 07, 2013, 12:26:32 PM
Quote from: The End on August 07, 2013, 12:22:42 PM
Well I guess we should all denounce Discordianism because of Uncle BadTouch.  All of the good Discordians don't excuse that piece of shit so we might as well all mail it in, right?

That's such a stupid,simplistic argument.

Uh... huh?

I think you've crossed wires on your comparison.

"DEA did a shitty thing"/"Uncle BadTouch did a shitty thing"
"But all DEA guys I know are cool so that doesn't count"/"But all Discordians I know are cool, so that doesn't count"

In neither case do 'ALL' of the DEA/Discordians need to be denounced... but in both cases, the excuse is not a valid response.

Yes, but at no point have I excused the DEAs mistakes, in fact I've said before that shit is wrong and I stated that the judgement for the kid forgotten by DEA was a good thing.  But it's too simplistic to just cast them all in the fire.

So you're while response was ignited by Nigel's obvious parody post? Really?

I think this may be one reason why things have become so strained with you. No one before Nigel's joke post was saying anything about throwing the whole DEA into the fire. Why take that one obvious, ALL CAPS, comment and run with it? Why not focus on the OP? Hell, I would have loved to see a comment from you  saying "That is bullshit... blah blah blah... however, it isn't the only thing the DEA does and some of those guys are in it for the right reasons". I would have agreed 100% and thought you were trying to communicate.

Please, Please bring back the RWHN that communicated :(

Not in this thread but the sentiment has been more or less stated in other threads.  But sure, okay, so I think what is being reported on on the OP is shitty, though I do think the DEA should have the ability to collect intelligence on drug dealers.  But if they are gathering information on innocent Americans, that isn't right.  My next question would be who forced this extra duty upon the DEA.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on August 07, 2013, 12:30:51 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 07, 2013, 12:26:32 PM
Quote from: The End on August 07, 2013, 12:22:42 PM
Well I guess we should all denounce Discordianism because of Uncle BadTouch.  All of the good Discordians don't excuse that piece of shit so we might as well all mail it in, right?

That's such a stupid,simplistic argument.

Uh... huh?

I think you've crossed wires on your comparison.

"DEA did a shitty thing"/"Uncle BadTouch did a shitty thing"
"But all DEA guys I know are cool so that doesn't count"/"But all Discordians I know are cool, so that doesn't count"

In neither case do 'ALL' of the DEA/Discordians need to be denounced... but in both cases, the excuse is not a valid response.

I'm Not denouncing the DEA, I am saying fix the DEA, and all the other rotten to the core branches

I am.  They should be sacked.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The End on August 07, 2013, 01:31:15 PM
My next question would be who forced this extra duty upon the DEA.

:lulz:

You're adorable.
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

Arriving late to say

I'm sure there are a lot of fine, upstanding people in the DEA. Just like there are fine, upstanding people in the Catholic priesthood, and plenty of fine, upstanding people in the Ku Klux Klan.

I don't disagree with you that there are fine, upstanding people in these organizations.

I may, however, disagree with you on the definitions of "fine" and "upstanding."
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The End on August 07, 2013, 01:31:15 PM
I do think the DEA should have the ability to collect intelligence on drug dealers.  But if they are gathering information on innocent Americans, that isn't right.  My next question would be who forced this extra duty upon the DEA.
\
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

QuoteBut how can we know which ones are drug dealers and which ones are innocent Americans unless we listen to them all? Really we are left with no other choice.
\
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Ben Shapiro

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: /b/earman on August 08, 2013, 04:47:46 AM
Quote from: The End on August 06, 2013, 02:28:36 AM
All the ones I've met are fine upstanding citizens.

Like you?

You already know what he's going to say. You already know he's going to believe what he says.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

And you know, he probably is an upstanding, law abiding citizen. But, that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Pæs

AFK

AFK

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on August 08, 2013, 04:54:49 AM
And you know, he probably is an upstanding, law abiding citizen. But, that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Sure it does, it means we are out there doing what we do to help our communities and keep them safe.  Not going out of our way to make innocent people miserable.  The program outlined in the OP, if accurate, is definitely troubling and not something I support.  It would also be a mistake to think the same for everyone employed by DEA.  It's a big agency with a lot of staff.