News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Oh those wacky DEA Agents

Started by Telarus, August 05, 2013, 08:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Aucoq

"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 10, 2013, 07:21:32 AM
I am the Keith Richards of coffee.

I am caffeine-sensitive, I can't handle coffee.

-Nigel, a fragile flower
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: McGrupp on August 10, 2013, 10:43:20 PM
Quote from: The End on August 10, 2013, 03:41:55 PM
Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 10, 2013, 06:47:33 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 10, 2013, 06:42:07 AM
RWHN cracks me up.  I have begun to think he believes the shit he's pushing.

He's an automaton. Which is ironic considering his pre-automation writings.

And since he goes out of his way to misinterpret everything, which is the root of my beef with him, I'm going to clarify by saying that I don't think he's an automaton because of his views, but rather that he won't even consider information that indicates that his programming may be in error. He came to a conclusion. He stopped thinking. Any contradictory information is from corrupt and biased shills, no matter how much contradictory evidence there is.

Your statement was very clear, there was nothing to misinterpret.  You either said it or you didn't.  And y'all discount or don't read the contradictory information I've provided so you really aren't in a valid position to critique.

Hang on a sec. Here is all of your posts in this thread in a row. You say you've provided contradictory information. Where is it? The only authority you appeal to is yourself.
It boils down to 'You should believe me because I know things, and I know people who know things'

Others have cited studies and various sources. Some have asked you to produce evidence of your own. "No, I'm right" does not constitute evidence.

These are taken out of context and so appear rather silly but they do show that nowhere in this thread (until one post at the very end, concerning a minor point) do you provide contradictory evidence.

QuoteAll the ones I've met are fine upstanding citizens.
QuoteDance everyone, dance!
QuotePersonal and professional experience working with the DEA.  From the lower ranks right up to the top.  I'm not arguing that the unacceptable is acceptable.  All I know is every person I've dealt with from the DEA are good people trying to keep people safe.  The media will always harp on the stupid bad shit that happens, like the kid who was forgotten.  They won't report on the normal day-to-day operations that are straight forward and help protect our communities.

QuoteIt was sarcasm.  It's as I've been saying for ages now, me simply posting, because of my views, gets everyone all worked up.  This thread is a good example.

QuoteSelf-Censoring other points of view is an excellent way to protect paradigms.

QuoteYou should leave PD then.  It's attention-whores all the way down.
I'm not trolling.  I work with the DEA on a regular basis.  They do a lot of really good work that works to keep communities safer.  Like the program that has removed over 50 tons of unwanted medicines from homes in my state.  That's 50 tons of medicines that can't be diverted and abused and not flushed down the drain where it will fuck up our water.   But no one likes to publish stories on that.

QuoteWell I guess we should all denounce Discordianism because of Uncle BadTouch.  All of the good Discordians don't excuse that piece of shit so we might as well all mail it in, right?
That's such a stupid,simplistic argument.

QuoteYes, but at no point have I excused the DEAs mistakes, in fact I've said before that shit is wrong and I stated that the judgement for the kid forgotten by DEA was a good thing.  But it's too simplistic to just cast them all in the fire.

QuoteNot in this thread but the sentiment has been more or less stated in other threads.  But sure, okay, so I think what is being reported on on the OP is shitty, though I do think the DEA should have the ability to collect intelligence on drug dealers.  But if they are gathering information on innocent Americans, that isn't right.  My next question would be who forced this extra duty upon the DEA.

QuoteYou're naive.
Not as good as me, no, but good enough.
Sure it does, it means we are out there doing what we do to help our communities and keep them safe.  Not going out of our way to make innocent people miserable.  The program outlined in the OP, if accurate, is definitely troubling and not something I support.  It would also be a mistake to think the same for everyone employed by DEA.  It's a big agency with a lot of staff.
You are entitled to that stereotypical, discriminatory opinion.

QuoteSure, I agree with that, anyone who was doing anything illegal should be tried, and if convicted, punished.
What I'm saying is, based upon my interactions with people at all levels at that agency, is that I think you would find that those individuals would be in the minority, and that most there are just doing the job of protecting our communities from the scourge of illicit drugs.
Because make no mistake, drugs are having a HUGE impact on our country.  Both in blood and treasure.

QuoteNot having drug policies and not having those policies enforced is not an option.  Having them enforced smarter, better, and in an equitable fashion, of course, are necessary options.
In a general sense, yes.  The devil is in the details.

QuoteRight, shouldn't be an option, but the reality is that treating people equitably is always optional, speaking in strictly technical terms.  People should be treatd equitably, things should be enforced and enacted equitably, but it's pretty safe to say that often doesn't happen.

QuoteRead the news on any given day.  People should be treated equitable.  The news on a daily basis reminds you that for many people in this world, they view it as optional.  Thus why I used the term "necessary option".  Which yes, in the end means it is still optional for the actor.  I was simply conveying that, in the specific topic being discussed, my view is that it is necessary for equitable enforcement.

QuoteNo.  Try reading my posts again.

QuoteYour baseless assumptions don't mean that I'm not a good person helping people.

QuoteI also said people breaking the law should be held accountable and that the DEA should be doing what it does within the law, drug policy should be enforced and enacted equitably.  And by and large I believe it is.  But there are places where it clearly needs to be fixed or enforced better.
I wasn't speaking to you.

QuoteI don't share your opinion that they are violating the 4th.

QuoteAssumptions on who I am as a person.  You don't know shit about me.  Just as I don't know shit about any of you.  The internet is a horrible way to get to know someone on any meaningful level.
I've been here for 8 years, of course you have.  You are just exercising butthurt selective memory.

QuoteThe implication is pretty clear, otherwise, it wouldn't be necessary to even make the statement you made.

QuoteHmm, I didn't know Dok = everyone.
Interesting logic you are swinging there Cain.

QuoteAnyway, this thread is about the DEA, not me.

QuoteAgain, if you actually read my posts you will see I said something else entirely.

QuoteStart another thread if you want to discuss this, as it has little to do with the topic of this thread.

QuoteS'alright, between my new relationship, being a dad, and everything else, I likely never would have found the time.

QuoteMy worst vice is coffee and my brain is in tip-top shape, thank you very much.  Have you considered that perhaps the receiver is busted?

QuoteYeah, which I drink like once a month, if that

Yes, someone who drinks once a month can be considered an "alcoholic".
Great observation smarty pants!

QuoteNo dumbass, I drink alcohol once a month and have no dependency whatsoever.
If I were to try to quit caffeine there would be a withdrawal period because I drink coffee once or twice a day, my body has developed a level of dependency.
So I was factually correct, my worst vice is coffee.
Oh my god, it's amateur hour all of a sudden.
And then everyone was Requia ITT.

QuoteWell, given that it is decriminalized in Maine, and we don't throw kids in jail for using pot, it will never happen.

QuoteOften both.  Big Marijuana has some deep pockets.

QuoteUh huh, you are incredibly naive.  There is huge money for the making if/when marijuana becomes legal.  Tobacco companies, and others, are all poised to pounce on that shit.  If you think otherwise you are beyond dense.

QuoteYes, there is, it is an industry projected to be in the Billions and one that will be bigger than the wine industry.
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/big-data-download/investment-opportunities-grow-marijuana-business-152839542.html

This last post here is the only one in which you provide evidence, only it doesn't quite fit as the article states that there will be an industry in the billions. The industry is growing and there are investment groups according to the article but there is nothing in it that links it to big tobacco currently. In fact the video states that a lot of 'old money' are reluctant to do so.

So other than that one link that didn't quite back up what you were saying, what contradictory information have you provided?

:lulz: This is amazing. It makes me want to do it with his whole post history.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: YOUR Social Science Thinkmonkey on August 11, 2013, 03:03:04 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on August 10, 2013, 10:43:20 PM
Quote from: The End on August 10, 2013, 03:41:55 PM
Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 10, 2013, 06:47:33 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 10, 2013, 06:42:07 AM
RWHN cracks me up.  I have begun to think he believes the shit he's pushing.

He's an automaton. Which is ironic considering his pre-automation writings.

And since he goes out of his way to misinterpret everything, which is the root of my beef with him, I'm going to clarify by saying that I don't think he's an automaton because of his views, but rather that he won't even consider information that indicates that his programming may be in error. He came to a conclusion. He stopped thinking. Any contradictory information is from corrupt and biased shills, no matter how much contradictory evidence there is.

Your statement was very clear, there was nothing to misinterpret.  You either said it or you didn't.  And y'all discount or don't read the contradictory information I've provided so you really aren't in a valid position to critique.

Hang on a sec. Here is all of your posts in this thread in a row. You say you've provided contradictory information. Where is it? The only authority you appeal to is yourself.
It boils down to 'You should believe me because I know things, and I know people who know things'

Others have cited studies and various sources. Some have asked you to produce evidence of your own. "No, I'm right" does not constitute evidence.

These are taken out of context and so appear rather silly but they do show that nowhere in this thread (until one post at the very end, concerning a minor point) do you provide contradictory evidence.

QuoteAll the ones I've met are fine upstanding citizens.
QuoteDance everyone, dance!
QuotePersonal and professional experience working with the DEA.  From the lower ranks right up to the top.  I'm not arguing that the unacceptable is acceptable.  All I know is every person I've dealt with from the DEA are good people trying to keep people safe.  The media will always harp on the stupid bad shit that happens, like the kid who was forgotten.  They won't report on the normal day-to-day operations that are straight forward and help protect our communities.

QuoteIt was sarcasm.  It's as I've been saying for ages now, me simply posting, because of my views, gets everyone all worked up.  This thread is a good example.

QuoteSelf-Censoring other points of view is an excellent way to protect paradigms.

QuoteYou should leave PD then.  It's attention-whores all the way down.
I'm not trolling.  I work with the DEA on a regular basis.  They do a lot of really good work that works to keep communities safer.  Like the program that has removed over 50 tons of unwanted medicines from homes in my state.  That's 50 tons of medicines that can't be diverted and abused and not flushed down the drain where it will fuck up our water.   But no one likes to publish stories on that.

QuoteWell I guess we should all denounce Discordianism because of Uncle BadTouch.  All of the good Discordians don't excuse that piece of shit so we might as well all mail it in, right?
That's such a stupid,simplistic argument.

QuoteYes, but at no point have I excused the DEAs mistakes, in fact I've said before that shit is wrong and I stated that the judgement for the kid forgotten by DEA was a good thing.  But it's too simplistic to just cast them all in the fire.

QuoteNot in this thread but the sentiment has been more or less stated in other threads.  But sure, okay, so I think what is being reported on on the OP is shitty, though I do think the DEA should have the ability to collect intelligence on drug dealers.  But if they are gathering information on innocent Americans, that isn't right.  My next question would be who forced this extra duty upon the DEA.

QuoteYou're naive.
Not as good as me, no, but good enough.
Sure it does, it means we are out there doing what we do to help our communities and keep them safe.  Not going out of our way to make innocent people miserable.  The program outlined in the OP, if accurate, is definitely troubling and not something I support.  It would also be a mistake to think the same for everyone employed by DEA.  It's a big agency with a lot of staff.
You are entitled to that stereotypical, discriminatory opinion.

QuoteSure, I agree with that, anyone who was doing anything illegal should be tried, and if convicted, punished.
What I'm saying is, based upon my interactions with people at all levels at that agency, is that I think you would find that those individuals would be in the minority, and that most there are just doing the job of protecting our communities from the scourge of illicit drugs.
Because make no mistake, drugs are having a HUGE impact on our country.  Both in blood and treasure.

QuoteNot having drug policies and not having those policies enforced is not an option.  Having them enforced smarter, better, and in an equitable fashion, of course, are necessary options.
In a general sense, yes.  The devil is in the details.

QuoteRight, shouldn't be an option, but the reality is that treating people equitably is always optional, speaking in strictly technical terms.  People should be treatd equitably, things should be enforced and enacted equitably, but it's pretty safe to say that often doesn't happen.

QuoteRead the news on any given day.  People should be treated equitable.  The news on a daily basis reminds you that for many people in this world, they view it as optional.  Thus why I used the term "necessary option".  Which yes, in the end means it is still optional for the actor.  I was simply conveying that, in the specific topic being discussed, my view is that it is necessary for equitable enforcement.

QuoteNo.  Try reading my posts again.

QuoteYour baseless assumptions don't mean that I'm not a good person helping people.

QuoteI also said people breaking the law should be held accountable and that the DEA should be doing what it does within the law, drug policy should be enforced and enacted equitably.  And by and large I believe it is.  But there are places where it clearly needs to be fixed or enforced better.
I wasn't speaking to you.

QuoteI don't share your opinion that they are violating the 4th.

QuoteAssumptions on who I am as a person.  You don't know shit about me.  Just as I don't know shit about any of you.  The internet is a horrible way to get to know someone on any meaningful level.
I've been here for 8 years, of course you have.  You are just exercising butthurt selective memory.

QuoteThe implication is pretty clear, otherwise, it wouldn't be necessary to even make the statement you made.

QuoteHmm, I didn't know Dok = everyone.
Interesting logic you are swinging there Cain.

QuoteAnyway, this thread is about the DEA, not me.

QuoteAgain, if you actually read my posts you will see I said something else entirely.

QuoteStart another thread if you want to discuss this, as it has little to do with the topic of this thread.

QuoteS'alright, between my new relationship, being a dad, and everything else, I likely never would have found the time.

QuoteMy worst vice is coffee and my brain is in tip-top shape, thank you very much.  Have you considered that perhaps the receiver is busted?

QuoteYeah, which I drink like once a month, if that

Yes, someone who drinks once a month can be considered an "alcoholic".
Great observation smarty pants!

QuoteNo dumbass, I drink alcohol once a month and have no dependency whatsoever.
If I were to try to quit caffeine there would be a withdrawal period because I drink coffee once or twice a day, my body has developed a level of dependency.
So I was factually correct, my worst vice is coffee.
Oh my god, it's amateur hour all of a sudden.
And then everyone was Requia ITT.

QuoteWell, given that it is decriminalized in Maine, and we don't throw kids in jail for using pot, it will never happen.

QuoteOften both.  Big Marijuana has some deep pockets.

QuoteUh huh, you are incredibly naive.  There is huge money for the making if/when marijuana becomes legal.  Tobacco companies, and others, are all poised to pounce on that shit.  If you think otherwise you are beyond dense.

QuoteYes, there is, it is an industry projected to be in the Billions and one that will be bigger than the wine industry.
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/big-data-download/investment-opportunities-grow-marijuana-business-152839542.html

This last post here is the only one in which you provide evidence, only it doesn't quite fit as the article states that there will be an industry in the billions. The industry is growing and there are investment groups according to the article but there is nothing in it that links it to big tobacco currently. In fact the video states that a lot of 'old money' are reluctant to do so.

So other than that one link that didn't quite back up what you were saying, what contradictory information have you provided?

:lulz: This is amazing. It makes me want to do it with his whole post history.

I think my favorite is "Your baseless assumptions don't mean that I'm not a good person helping people."

Fuzzy statist.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Telarus

More on the DEA surveillance:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/02/us/drug-agents-use-vast-phone-trove-eclipsing-nsas.html?_r=1&

Things to note:
- Instructions in the training material to NEVER mention the code-name "Hemisphere" on official documents.
- The majority of subpoenas issued to pull these records are "administrative subpoenas", meaning no judge or jury even saw them.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Telarus on September 04, 2013, 05:37:29 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/02/us/drug-agents-use-vast-phone-trove-eclipsing-nsas.html?_r=1&

Things to note:
- Instructions in the training material to NEVER mention the code-name "Hemisphere" on official documents.
- The majority of subpoenas issued to pull these records are "administrative subpoenas", meaning no judge or jury even saw them.

Well, you know.  Ticking time bomb, Jack Bauer to the rescue, etc, etc.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on September 04, 2013, 05:37:29 PM

Things to note:

Yeah, those are some good people doing the right thing, all right.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: AFK on August 08, 2013, 11:36:50 AM

Sure it does, it means we are out there doing what we do to help our communities and keep them safe. 

Who dies THIS sound like?   :lulz:
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 12, 2020, 04:54:05 PM

Sure it does, it means we are out there doing what we do to help our communities and keep them safe. 

Ah, I forgot we had our very own bastard here once. Officer WHN.

I wonder how foamy his mouth is today.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on June 12, 2020, 04:57:11 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 12, 2020, 04:54:05 PM

Ah, I forgot we had our very own bastard here once. Officer WHN.

I wonder how foamy his mouth is today.

Not very.  He doesn't have actual beliefs.
Molon Lube