News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

How We Protect At-Risk Kids.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 09, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The End on August 09, 2013, 06:57:40 PM
The guy who wrote the article in the OP is clearly a biased shill, so, you know, glass houses, etc.

Yeah, well, he linked to KVUE, which I also linked to...And which you ignored, in favor of THIS sterling bastion of journalism:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2387718/Housewife-spots-spooky-alien-face-oil-painting-shes-wall-10-YEARS.html

SWEET JESUS!  AN ALIEN IN HER PORTRAIT FOR TEN YEARS!
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The End on August 09, 2013, 07:03:50 PM
Also, this happened in Texas, so there is that factor as well.

I also linked to the health & human services website that shows national stats.

Which, again, you ignored...Because you are biased, intellectually dishonest, and a disgrace to your profession (and that's saying something).

But you have the Daily News on your side.  So there's that.
Molon Lube

AFK

Uh, no genius, I'm not disputing the abuse thing at all.  I said this shows that the foster care system is clearly broken and needs to be fixed.  But that is the problem here, the pot angle is pretty incidental. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2013, 07:05:59 PM
Quote from: The End on August 09, 2013, 06:57:40 PM
The guy who wrote the article in the OP is clearly a biased shill, so, you know, glass houses, etc.

Yeah, well, he linked to KVUE, which I also linked to...And which you ignored, in favor of THIS sterling bastion of journalism:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2387718/Housewife-spots-spooky-alien-face-oil-painting-shes-wall-10-YEARS.html

SWEET JESUS!  AN ALIEN IN HER PORTRAIT FOR TEN YEARS!

It's a reputable publication, it's got JESUS in it. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2009604/Jesus-spotted-pole-covered-kudzu-vines.html

and http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1231308/Did-Jesus-REALLY-stay-England-A-new-film-claims-built-church-Somerset-learnt-maths-Druids.html

NOBODY WOULD DARE PUBLISH UNTRUTHS ABOUT JESUS
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The End on August 09, 2013, 07:10:13 PM
Uh, no genius, I'm not disputing the abuse thing at all.  I said this shows that the foster care system is clearly broken and needs to be fixed.  But that is the problem here, the pot angle is pretty incidental.

Incidental?  I wonder how incidental it is to Alex's grieving parents?
Molon Lube

AFK

Yes, incidental.  I imagine the kid would have been taken away if they had both been alcoholics.  (alcohol being a legal drug).  The system in Texas is the issue here.  It has nothing to do with pot.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The End on August 09, 2013, 08:20:23 PM
Yes, incidental.  I imagine the kid would have been taken away if they had both been alcoholics.  (alcohol being a legal drug).  The system in Texas is the issue here.  It has nothing to do with pot.

You imagine.

Drinking alcohol isn't a crime.  Or are you suggesting that your kids be taken away if you drink a beer while they're asleep?
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Do we know that their marijuana usage was comparable to alcoholism? I mean using info thats not from the daily mail?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cramulus

from the local news: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/two-year-old-dies-in-foster-care

Quote"She was placed into foster care for neglectful supervision because her mother and I smoked pot at the time," explained Hill.

According to court records, Alexandria's mother had a medical condition that does not allow for the child to be left alone with her. The TDFPS also received allegations that Hill used marijuana on a regular basis and on one occasion Hill almost dropped Alexandria while going down the stairs of the home as he was trying to hand the child to his sister.

During the month of November, Alexandria was being cared for by her paternal grandmother before the State intervened on Nov. 26.

The TDFPS concluded that "Through the assessment of the Department and family members of the parents, it appears the parents have limited parenting skills and need to develop their understanding of being protective of their child. Until these services are offered, the Department does not feel either parent can be the sole caregiver for the child."

this is the :horrormirth: --- this was a lesson to the parents to be more protective.

Quote"We rely on the child placing agencies to do their due diligence in doing background checks and home studies and training for potential foster parents," explained Julie Moody with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Service. "There was one allegation of a previous foster child in her care that had bruising and lead poisoning, but no deficiencies were found."

So the foster family already had an incident where a kid in their care was bruised and lead poisoned.... but no deficiencies were found??

I imagine the investigation went something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYFEAh4-ZJc&t=2m50s

AFK

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

You imagine.

Drinking alcohol isn't a crime.  Or are you suggesting that your kids be taken away if you drink a beer while they're asleep?

I tell you what, why don't you read up on how child protective services work, come back, and THEN we can have this discussion.  I'm not going to waste my time until then.

East Coast Hustle

I CAN'T ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS WITHOUT COMPLETELY TEARING DOWN THE WALLS OF COGNITIVE DISSONANCE I'VE BUILT UP OVER THE YEARS SO I'M JUST GOING TO KEEP FIRING NON-SEQUITEURS AT YOU!
\
:lord:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The End on August 09, 2013, 08:35:17 PM

You imagine.

I tell you what, why don't you read up on how child protective services work, come back, and THEN we can have this discussion.  I'm not going to waste my time until then.

I tell YOU what...How about you kiss my ass until blisters form on your lips?  :lol:
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2013, 10:12:04 PM

You imagine.

I tell YOU what...How about you kiss my ass until blisters form on your lips?  :lol:

BURRRRRRRN  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Quote from: stelz on August 09, 2013, 10:13:17 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2013, 10:12:04 PM

You imagine.

BURRRRRRRN  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Have I mentioned that I don't particularly care for the man?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on August 09, 2013, 08:32:59 PM

this is the :horrormirth: --- this was a lesson to the parents to be more protective.

Well, they learned, didn't they?

Another triumph for policy makers all across the country.
Molon Lube