News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

How We Protect At-Risk Kids.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 09, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Heavy Metal Jacket Wearing Bear With Mind Lasers on August 13, 2013, 12:02:51 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 12, 2013, 08:21:15 PM
Quote from: The End on August 12, 2013, 08:19:04 PM
Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 12, 2013, 08:06:52 PM
Quote from: The End on August 12, 2013, 07:59:03 PM
All other qualifications being equal between two candidates, I absolutely would want the person without the history of driving impaired. 

I mean, think about it, you hire the guy, he comes to work impaired, kills another employee with the forklift.  You think the family might scream for your head if they knew you hired a guy with that known history?

You do understand what the word never means right?

Do you understand the meaning of the word risk?

Based on that, you should be fired because you drink beer now and again.

The risk is simply too high.

GOD DAMN IT ROGER YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

Well, he won't state whether or not he feels that alcohol should be banned, only that the lobbyists (rather than history) make that an unlikely scenario.

Because acknowledging that would force him to say that either his once a month beer night is illegal or conversely that marijuana should be legalized. His one, maybe two, coffee a day addiction might be lost in some legal limbo there.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Now, mind you, I don't doubt that if a serious bill to prohibit alcohol AGAIN were to be considered, "Big Alcohol" would go out of their way to stop it, as would all the hard drinking DC politicians and lawyers, and, well, practically everyone.

You know, because Prohibition doesn't work, because the people want what they want. If they want to smoke something that is less addictive, and less damaging healthwise and communitywise overall, then why should it be any more illegal than alcohol or nicotine?

But that makes too much sense. Marijuana is damaging to communities. Has nothing to do with the fact that it's illegal and there's a market for it, thus bringing in unsavory types who will sell it.

tyrannosaurus vex

I've known people whose lives were destroyed by marijuana getting caught with marijuana.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

AFK

Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 13, 2013, 12:24:04 AM
Well, he won't state whether or not he feels that alcohol should be banned, only that the lobbyists (rather than history) make that an unlikely scenario.

The word is impossible.  It's a non-starter, not even worth consideration for discussion.

QuoteBecause acknowledging that would force him to say that either his once a month beer night is illegal or conversely that marijuana should be legalized. His one, maybe two, coffee a day addiction might be lost in some legal limbo there.

That doesn't make any sense.  Alcohol is legal.  If in some magical universe it became illegal again I'd just stop using it, no big deal really. Marijuana should never be legalized.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The End on August 13, 2013, 12:32:41 PM
Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 13, 2013, 12:24:04 AM

The word is impossible.  It's a non-starter, not even worth consideration for discussion.

QuoteBecause acknowledging that would force him to say that either his once a month beer night is illegal or conversely that marijuana should be legalized. His one, maybe two, coffee a day addiction might be lost in some legal limbo there.

That doesn't make any sense.  Alcohol is legal.  If in some magical universe it became illegal again I'd just stop using it, no big deal really. Marijuana should never be legalized.

Speaking of things that don't make sense.

AFK

Drink more coffee!  The world makes much more sense when it is vibrating all around you.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The End on August 13, 2013, 01:46:41 PM
Drink more coffee!  The world makes much more sense when it is vibrating all around you.

First cup's free, huh?

AFK

It's all free for me, thanks to YOUR hard earned federal tax dollars.  Thank you for being a Good American!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The End on August 13, 2013, 01:56:53 PM
It's all free for me, thanks to YOUR hard earned federal tax dollars.  Thank you for being a Good American!

Free at my work too for the same reason. So, I guess it balances out. Difference is you don't see me being smug about it.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Could I get you to elaborate on this point?

The Good Reverend Roger

You guys realize that you're basically giving RWHN a handjob, right?

That's what these threads are.  Handjobs for RWHN.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 13, 2013, 04:35:38 PM

What's wrong with giving handjobs if you enjoy it?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on August 13, 2013, 04:36:46 PM

What's wrong with giving handjobs if you enjoy it?

Not a thing.  Carry on.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on August 13, 2013, 04:20:49 PM

Could I get you to elaborate on this point?

On which point?  You need to be more specific.

AFK

So is THAT what Dok was going for when he started it?

Ew.