News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

How We Protect At-Risk Kids.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 09, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The End on August 19, 2013, 02:52:25 PM
Legalization does nothing to resolve your last point as it would still be illegal for kids 21 and younger.

I happen to agree that reforms are necessary to eliminate those black marks for non-violent youth offenders.  But legalization does not accomplish that without making it also legal for youth to use.

There will always be a black market as long as kids want to use it and it is illegal. There is no "reform" that will eliminate that black market. But legalization would make that black market look a lot more like the black market for tobacco, which as far as I know, doesn't result in things like getting shot to death for not pushing enough pounds of Marlboros.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

AFK

Legalization will do nothing to end, nor even curtail, organized crime.  Criminal organizations that traffick marijuana are very well diversified today.  Not just drugs, but also human trafficking, weapons. 

It's a myth that marijuana legalization will have any impact on that. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: McGrupp on August 19, 2013, 12:44:38 PM
Quote from: The End on August 19, 2013, 03:53:34 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 19, 2013, 03:28:18 AM
Quote from: The End on August 19, 2013, 02:42:39 AM
No, science explains why marijuana addiction is a problem.

But no documentation is available.

Sure it is.  I provide it everytime we talk about it.  You won't even consider it.

Too far. No one on the planet is this obtuse. The scale of troll vs guy who doesn't actually understand what documentation is keeps tipping.

I keep saying that but nobody believes me. I mean, if even *I* think the guy's trolling...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The End on August 19, 2013, 03:25:49 PM
Legalization will do nothing to end, nor even curtail, organized crime.

The 20s and 30s never happened.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 19, 2013, 05:57:04 PM

He also seems to be ignoring the fact that while legalization wouldnt stop organized crime it would make marijuana useless to them. Since there is an appetite for it it makes sense to take as much danger out of it as possible. Sure the 15 year old kid is still going to smoke it illegally but hell slip an adult a couple of extra bucks to buy him some at the store rather than from someone who is a career criminal.
Also now that i think about it getting called a greyface by someone who only sees things in black and white terms is a bit of a complement. For all he knows i could shoot rainbows out of my eyes.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 19, 2013, 06:11:34 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 19, 2013, 05:57:04 PM

He also seems to be ignoring the fact that while legalization wouldnt stop organized crime it would make marijuana useless to them. Since there is an appetite for it it makes sense to take as much danger out of it as possible. Sure the 15 year old kid is still going to smoke it illegally but hell slip an adult a couple of extra bucks to buy him some at the store rather than from someone who is a career criminal.
Also now that i think about it getting called a greyface by someone who only sees things in black and white terms is a bit of a complement. For all he knows i could shoot rainbows out of my eyes.

Remember:  If an improvement doesn't solve EVERYTHING right away, it is useless.

Also, marijuana accessible to kids is bad, RWHN's beer accessible to his kids is good.

He also has documented proof that his turn-in program was a success, despite NIH documentation that says it was not.  He won't show you that documentation, though, because "because".  Just trust him.  Also, any documentation he disagrees with is the product of shills, and documentation he provides from people who have a vested interest in sending people to prison is clearly unbiased. 

That is all.  I don't think there's anything left to say.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 19, 2013, 06:14:43 PM

That is all.  I don't think there's anything left to say.

Groundless optimism, ITT.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The End on August 19, 2013, 01:26:11 PM
Quote from: Balls Wellington on August 19, 2013, 11:41:58 AM
Quote from: V3X on August 18, 2013, 11:06:31 PM
Quote from: Balls Wellington on August 18, 2013, 09:54:44 PM
Quote from: The End on August 18, 2013, 09:53:40 PM
No, that would be Devin Townsend.

Yes, well, once again you make my point for me. :lulz:

FTR, RWHN is actually correct here.

He's a preachy egomaniacal canadian. So basically RWHN but with actual talent. But he's just good, not great. Sort of like RWHN, if RWHN was good at anything.

He's probably the most versatile vocalist in metal.  He's a very talented guitarist.  Prolific songwriter.  Sonic and production wizard.  I can't think of a single other individual in metal today who is as all-around talented and skilled as Devin Townsend.  I think you just don't like him because he sings about "uncool" things like love and marriage.  Which, as someone who has been married, I can tell you can be some very heavy subjects.  You'll find out someday perhaps.

Sure, like I said he's OK. I just wanted to see how much of a turd you'd sound like defending your musical tastes. I was not disappointed. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,30734.0.html

Quote from: Balls Wellington on November 10, 2011, 02:41:51 AM
Just found out they're playing the Roseland in Portland on February 1st.

After I spent 15 minutes popping a massive boner and shitting myself with glee, I started working on a resume tailored towards getting a death metal band to hire me as their personal chef.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

if it wasn't for the phone number I'd think that was one of our O:MF fuckeries ...
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The End on August 19, 2013, 07:57:33 PM

After I spent 15 minutes popping a massive boner and shitting myself with glee, I started working on a resume tailored towards getting a death metal band to hire me as their personal chef.

and? :lulz:

I'm not knocking you for being a fan, I'm knocking you for being such a pretentious douchewit about it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 19, 2013, 08:17:49 PM
It isn't a real phone #  :lol:

:lol: Everyone, please take a note of that for our future projects.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Quote from: Balls Wellington on August 19, 2013, 08:40:09 PM
Quote from: The End on August 19, 2013, 07:57:33 PM

and? :lulz:

I'm not knocking you for being a fan, I'm knocking you for being such a pretentious douchewit about it.

I think maybe the funniest part is anyone still referring to In Flames as a death metal band.