News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

GA goes to New York City

Started by Golden Applesauce, August 09, 2013, 10:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Applesauce

I'm traveling to New York City for the first time, to calm a panicked client. Thinking I'll microblog the trip here, if anything particularly interesting happens. It will probably all go sideways one way or another.

Any heads up / warnings / advice? Anybody in NYC want to hang out?

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Suu

When? I am down next weekend (16-18th.)
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Golden Applesauce

Sunday 12th through Thursday 15th (technically I'll be there on the 16th, but I'm heading off to visit family pretty much right after I expect to get out of work on Friday) and then next Sunday 19th through the 23rd.

So basically every day in the next two weeks except for specifically the days you're in town. :sad:

Suu

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on August 09, 2013, 11:27:07 PM
Sunday 12th through Thursday 15th (technically I'll be there on the 16th, but I'm heading off to visit family pretty much right after I expect to get out of work on Friday) and then next Sunday 19th through the 23rd.

So basically every day in the next two weeks except for specifically the days you're in town. :sad:

Of course.

NYC is only 3 hours from Providence, and my cousin lives in Brooklyn so I'm down quite often. If I end up popping down again during that time, I will let you know. Or if you get bored want to take the train to a tiny city full of fucking psychos, let me know.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

tyrannosaurus vex

I too have been deposited in the City of Big Apples for a week. I hate these users.

HATE.

The city is nice though.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Suu

If you get a chance, go to the Rubin Museum of Art. I just found it this weekend (NY is good for that.) 6 floors of Himalayan artwork: Tibetan, Nepalese, Indian...blew my mind. $10 for admission, $5 for a student. Seriously the best $5 I've spent in Manhattan in ages. It's on 17th and 7th.

After that, walk down 17th to 10th Ave and get on the High Line. My cousin and I were smacking ourselves for not actually making it to the High Line sooner. They converted the old elevated train track through the Meatpacking District and Hell's Kitchen into an elevated park, totally free. The only caveat is scenic views of New Jersey across the Hudson.

Cramulus

ah damn! I'm going to a wedding that weekend ... if I have some free time I'd love to meet up, but I have a feeling it's going to be a very busy weekend

Golden Applesauce

Gah! I honestly thought that /this/ time, I'd be able to write as it was happening. Oh well. Heading out to dinner in a bit, so I'll type what I can now and then try not to forget about this later.

Edit: nevermind, my friend's alternate personality is trying to prove she isn't allergic to cinnamon again.