News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Why you think the world is shittier than it really is.

Started by AFK, August 19, 2013, 02:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixxie

I would say the world is a fractal MMORPG where we continuously get the change the rules set at difficulty level Awesome. But that's just me.... :horrormirth:
"In Shadow - we find the Light - Safely Sealed in Darkest Night, so make Sure Ya'll Keep it Tight. Wizards Only - Fools!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ixxie on August 26, 2013, 06:55:40 PM
I would say the world is a fractal MMORPG where we continuously get the change the rules set at difficulty level Awesome. But that's just me.... :horrormirth:

<insert Keanu Reeves pic here>  "WHOA", etc.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Telarus

Quote from: NEVER FEAR LOVE! on August 26, 2013, 02:08:12 PM
We will never acheive the ideal world for everyone.  But we also have to remember, as pointed out in the article, our Western ideal of an ideal world is not shared by everyone.  Moreover, if we cannot recognize and celebrate the small victories, it will slow advances.

:spittake:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

East Coast Hustle

We will never acheive the ideal world for everyone.  But we also have to remember, as pointed out in the article, our Western ideal of an ideal world is not shared by everyone.  Moreover, if we cannot recognize and celebrate the small victories, it will slow advances.

Did this sound all deep and meaningful in your head before you typed it out?

Because that didn't translate. It comes off as meaningless drivel. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Pæs

I absolutely agree. Furthermore, we need to embrace the subjectivity of that which we are subjected to. Although we may disagree, we need to embrace and accept the differing paradigms and reflect this acceptance in our behaviours. We'll never get anywhere if we spend all of our time gazing into mirrors or history books instead of walking forwards into tomorrow. But neither will we make it to tomorrow if we do not wield those history books and mirrors as shields to deflect the arrows fired at us from the future. Nobody will ever agree on everything because our beliefs only have relevance in relation to the beliefs of others and it is this relationship that our focus should be on I am so baked right now are you baked too? Rather than celebrating the small victories, we should gather them up and stick them together using our hope and optimism as glue to form greater victories built from the pieces of our smaller victories. In this way, will we be victorious.

LMNO

Quote from: Pæs on August 27, 2013, 10:47:50 AM
I absolutely agree. Furthermore, we need to embrace the subjectivity of that which we are subjected to. Although we may disagree, we need to embrace and accept the differing paradigms and reflect this acceptance in our behaviours. We'll never get anywhere if we spend all of our time gazing into mirrors or history books instead of walking forwards into tomorrow. But neither will we make it to tomorrow if we do not wield those history books and mirrors as shields to deflect the arrows fired at us from the future. Nobody will ever agree on everything because our beliefs only have relevance in relation to the beliefs of others and it is this relationship that our focus should be on I am so baked right now are you baked too? Rather than celebrating the small victories, we should gather them up and stick them together using our hope and optimism as glue to form greater victories built from the pieces of our smaller victories. In this way, will we be victorious.

That was impressive.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

The UK pays spin doctors serious cash for this kind of bullshit. If you can pull this out consistently there's a glittering career in drivel waiting.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Pæs

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 27, 2013, 09:48:31 PM
The UK pays spin doctors serious cash for this kind of bullshit. If you can pull this out consistently there's a glittering career in drivel waiting.
Someone should hire me. I could churn this shit out for days.

Junkenstein

Contact any political party and work with the terms "Assist" and "Victory". If you can pull off a 5 minute ramble then you'll get an interview. Be sure to work in Eton and Oxbridge credentials too.

I'll take 5%, see you in Westminster.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.