News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

ITT, My Company Goes Full Retard*

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, August 19, 2013, 02:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 08, 2013, 05:02:34 PM
Quote from: Facemeat on September 08, 2013, 04:09:39 PM
Quote from: V3X on September 08, 2013, 02:44:17 AM
There's an update to the "Values Blueprint" process. I asked the ONE (1) person from my department who was included in this, since there has been no official word on whatever they did. Apparently, it was a 2-day meeting with 50 people in a hotel conference room. The idea was that everyone would have equal input regardless of their department or level. But, of course, it was entirely derailed by one asshole from Sales who insisted that everything anyone else suggested basically boiled down to his idea.

So the Values Blueprint will include the following two primary "Values:"

1. Dedication.
2. Profit.

Nope not kidding.

Dedication to what? I think you should make a big deal about that.

To profit, clearly.

That asshat in sales may have just created the first truly honest corporate values statement ever.

Now there will be posters in every room of the building reminding people "PROFIT BEFORE ALL ELSE".
Whistleblowers will be sat down in a room, a harsh light turned on their face and their manager will prod them in the chest and snarl "I am beginning to question your dedication to profit. WE ALL DECIDED TO BE DEDICATED TO PROFIT."

Bu🤠ns

The whole corporate / value thing, I think, can be useful for guiding decisions....that is, if the company also follows those values.  Now I have my own sense of work ethic that includes ideas like servant leadership, sincerity, honesty...etc. And I found they tend to mesh well with my own corporation's  ideals (despite my corporation just doing it for good PR).

What is cool about your corporation doing this, V3X, is now you can hold them accountable to these values.  Which may or may not be useful from time to time.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I feel like there's a poster in this somewhere...

Pæs

Quote from: Bu☆ns on September 08, 2013, 11:49:56 PM
What is cool about your corporation doing this, V3X, is now you can hold them accountable to these values.  Which may or may not be useful from time to time.
If they ever lose sight of the importance of profit.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Pæs on September 09, 2013, 12:43:08 AM

That's only when they need to stretch things.   If they sacrifice one in favor of the other...you might still be able to. Not saying it's good for keeping one's job intact, however.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Pæs on September 09, 2013, 12:43:08 AM

Which, legally, they can't do.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

tyrannosaurus vex

In the interest of providing closure to this topic, I will now post the actual values that were ultimately decided on. Looks like Sales Ass will be disappointed, since "Profit" did not actually end up on the list.

I would comment on this, but I can't bring myself to actually read it. Also, everyone has been given a little deck of cards which we are supposed to fill out and give to someone every time they show their Company Spirit. In light of these values, I think I should give at least three to my boss, who just yesterday issued the following proclamation to everyone in our department:

QuoteWell, the <main product platform> crashed this morning. Happily, the blame is being directed at Engineering and not at us (for a change). For the rest of this week all system-level work is on hold. I really don't want to give Engineering any chance to point the finger at us.

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Company spirit.   :lulz:

That's another way of management saying "Well, we don't actually have a plan..."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

-