News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Failed Experiments In Housesharing.

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, August 19, 2013, 06:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

Myself and the Motherfucking Messiah/scruffy Scots oik are moving because we are sick sick sick of housemate drama.

EVERY THIRD PERSON HERE HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!

I had a tumblr meltdown with moving anxiety earlier. We're moving, deposit is safe, as the official deposit scheme from the govt is in my name after the fiasco of moving in here. Using my old landlord to get this place and paying out all the cash to secure it, then having it paid back has despite the initial grumble, worked out in this new improvedTM fucked up situation in my favour. As does the medical letter that the doc has promised me.

Friday, we thought he was moving out. Now, he wants to stay.

For this the useless sack of feed tube needs_

This is the draft list I came up with

Quote2 new housemates (in full time work)

Raise new deposit and first month's rent in full because new deposit scheme form and such will be needed, as the current one is in my name and non-transferrable.

get new internet

new mattress

fridge freezer

microwave

kettle

kitchen kit

pay back debt to Steve (minus any deposit paid)*

change supplier details for utilities and council tax on 1st October

lounge furniture (outside of anything we leave behind)

this currently stands at approx £300

This is pee my pants fucking hilarious. I don't even think he'll manage to get the landlords permission to start with, and I'd feel like an utter dick passing him off onto some other poor schmuck. The boy is a walking money pit, has history of domestic abuse and shirks all housework.

needless to say today is the day that I find out that one of my freinds of a friend (my femininja friend Joy's friend..) is looking for somewhere to live and as they (not sure which pronoun they prefer..) are looking for somewhere to live, and is in a living with an ex type situation. but with a housemate that doesn't want to budge. Similar values and gets on with your friends in a new housemate is a close second to no housemate, even if the intertubes have been the sole form of communication.

Oh and I have to look for work at the moment too. Which is great when you are too stressed to concentrate. I did manage to hash out the transferrable skills list though, which is a small victory.

and on a day like today, I'll take the small victories and "well at least the bottom line and my ass is covered money wise."

Current predictions for me and Payne are that feed tube is going to crash and burn spectacularly.

More news after the agent's meeting with us tomorrow.

Guy is literally busting my balls here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: You've got to keep us updated on this, Pixie. Sounds like a trainwreck in progress.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

McGrupp

Quoteand on a day like today, I'll take the small victories and "well at least the bottom line and my ass is covered money wise."

I would count that as a large victory or at least a regular size one.

Also whenever you call your housemate feedtube I still think of this:

Pope Pixie Pickle

Feedtube needs to raise £500 for first month's rent and deposit and find .

to pay Payne £450 plus any bills minus any deposit paid.

and to replace all the white goods and electricals, except the cooker, and replace his mattress.

and we will be taking the internet.

landlords agent (rather lovely lady. Reminds me of a decade-younger Asian version of my mother) laid out what we need to do, and is amicable about the whole deal and not all about the money. A lot about the money, but not all.

We need to dissuade him is the thinking of myself, payne and the landlord's agent Mrs V (reading between the lines of what the lady said.)

She is coming back in 10 days to find out if we have managed it or chris has managed to find 2 people with furniture, electricals and the deposit and first month's rent.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Really hoping he realises the enormity of what is going on and how much me and Steve have invested in this going off without a hitch.

I am in anxiety mode again.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pixie on August 20, 2013, 11:26:12 PM
Really hoping he realises the enormity of what is going on and how much me and Steve have invested in this going off without a hitch.

Will he be able to fuck this up for you, or will you guys be OK even if he totally fails?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ben Shapiro

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 20, 2013, 11:34:26 PM

Will he be able to fuck this up for you, or will you guys be OK even if he totally fails?

if he's unable to find new folks and all the other shit that goes with that money wise me and Payne will lose the deposit and be liable for 2/3 of the rent here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pixie on August 20, 2013, 11:54:50 PM
Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 20, 2013, 11:34:26 PM

if he's unable to find new folks and all the other shit that goes with that money wise me and Payne will lose the deposit and be liable for 2/3 of the rent here.

Oh FUCK. Crossing my fingers!

Pope Pixie Pickle

I HAVE POSITIVE FUCKING NEWS FOR A CHANGE.

assbag is leaving, and whether or not we get the new gaff, there is a friend of a  very good friend who is a feminist that needs a new place to live and works part time. I've offered to help with any rent assistance paperwork needed and whichever way the wind blows looks like me and Payne are sorted.

I put this notice on FB
Quotehey! My non-rent paying housemate has decided to leave and take his shit with him, but he's got a history of being a bit leary/gobby/potentially violent and my health can't take a confrontation at the moment. So the first thing I need to ask is if he lets us know when he's coming to get his shit (door is on the chain atm) and hand back his key is if there is anyone available to come over and act as a buffer this week (i'm also going to ask my Dad & Mum's hubby) just in case he decides to be a wanker about the whole deal/act as a deterrent. (will make food and tea for volunteers)

Secondly i find out if i've got the new place on friday and if i don't we'll desperately need a new housemate who pays rent and on time and realises bills aren't an abstract concept and doesn't need nagging to do their fair share of the cleaning. First month's rent and deposit will be £485 and bills are about 40 quid a month excluding council tax and the electric meter (includes broadband) If you know someone who wants a small double room in Bitterne let me know! (i'll also need references if I don't know them very well/they are on benefits)

any and all help given will be appreciated.

and I've already got offers of someone to be here in case he gets radge.

McGrupp

That does seem positive. Good luck with the new place.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie on August 27, 2013, 01:03:19 PM
there is a friend of a  very good friend who is a feminist that needs a new place to live and works part time.

You may find that to be a problem in the medium run.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2013, 05:22:34 PM
there is a friend of a  very good friend who is a feminist that needs a new place to live and works part time.

they are entitled to housing benefit if they work part time, and I can help out with forms and such.

I'd rather have someone with similar values and some kind of part time work going on than an unemployed radge bastard.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie on August 27, 2013, 07:00:12 PM

they are entitled to housing benefit if they work part time, and I can help out with forms and such.

I'd rather have someone with similar values and some kind of part time work going on than an unemployed radge bastard.

Well, I was talking about the values thing, not the employment thing.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2013, 07:01:00 PM
Quote from: Pixie on August 27, 2013, 07:00:12 PM

Well, I was talking about the values thing, not the employment thing.

I won't have to explain why rape jokes aren't cool, I won't be scared of a larger person yelling at me/ not understanding of my mental health stuff/ having had a history of putting knives to their partner's throat and, there'll be a level at which I can relax and Payne by extension won't feel like a referee.

there's no guarantee 100% that there won't be issues, I'm not that naive to think it'll be sunshine and unicorn farts but on the upside causal racism and sexism and other bigotries are less likely to wind me the fuck up.