From the Desk of TGRR; Corporate Life in the 21st Century (blog)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 21, 2013, 05:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 21, 2013, 08:10:19 PM
New ball mill motor vibration analysis indicates that the failure frequencies on the gearbox bearings have tripled in 12 hours...And that the drive side motor bearing has also failed.

This means that the motor and the gearbox are not properly aligned.  I told Mike.  Mike has elected to disregard data and acquire money, because he can't hear a problem with his ears.  Mill not shut down.  Failure imminent, catastrophic failure possible1.

I have moved all personnel away from the mill.  Mike will either shut it down or he won't.

Who cares?  NOT THIS KID.

1 "Catastrophic failure" of a ball mill means the steel rotating cylinder (8 feet by 10 feet) full of media (approximately 43,000 Kg) comes off of its supports, hits the ground rolling, and wanders off looking to make friends.  This is generally less pleasant than I make it sound.

:eek:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on August 21, 2013, 09:59:29 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 21, 2013, 09:44:43 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on August 21, 2013, 09:42:04 PM
Damn. That place is like Tales from the Crypt meets the Twilight Zone meets Office Space.

It's awesome, really.  I wouldn't work anywhere else.

You say that because there's no where else TO work. Everywhere you'd go would be the same place with a different logo and different names for the morons.

I fail to see, from a functional point of view, how that makes any difference, though.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Outlook isn't working on my computer.

I called IT.

IT told me to send an email so I'd get put in queue.

I told them I can't, because my email doesn't work.

They told me that this is the new policy, and politely hung up on me.

Not shitting you.  This day actually happened.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 21, 2013, 10:47:59 PM

I called IT.

:lulz: Wow.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

MIKE IS NOW SAYING THAT VIBRATION ANALYSIS IS NOT A THING.

:lulz:

TGRR,
GOING HOME NOW.  IF THE EARTH DOESN'T SPLIT OPEN AND EAT MY CAR.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I want to work at Junky's place. TGRR's Sapphire Death Factory is too metal for my tastes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Reginald Ret

Quote from: FOCUS GROUP RAGEMONKEY OF HATE HATE HATE on August 21, 2013, 11:00:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 21, 2013, 10:47:59 PM

I called IT.

:lulz: Wow.
This sounds like it could take a while to get fixed.
Combine filling your time with contacting IT.
Make many disposable emailaddresses and use these to send the mail about fixing your outlook. Send it 3 words at a time.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Hideous saga continues:

Mike has now decided that the mill has had a week to heal, so we're going to try again.  Because if you REALLY REALLY want the universe to do stuff, it will happen.

Quote from the contractor's engineer:  "Is everyone here on crack?"

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2013, 08:20:04 PM
Hideous saga continues:

Mike has now decided that the mill has had a week to heal, so we're going to try again.  Because if you REALLY REALLY want the universe to do stuff, it will happen.

By "heal" he means "no repairs have been made and he's hoping that inanimate objects will just fix themselves like a wounded animal" I assume?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on August 26, 2013, 08:28:15 PM
Hideous saga continues:

By "heal" he means "no repairs have been made and he's hoping that inanimate objects will just fix themselves like a wounded animal" I assume?

Yes.

But he REALLY WANTS IT, and he's an AMERICAN, Goddammit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Final word:  mill rolls Thursday.

:lulz::hammer::lulz:

TGRR,
Schadenfreude, how do I love thee?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hideous saga continues:

WHAT THE FUCK.  :horrormirth: