News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

From the Desk of TGRR; Corporate Life in the 21st Century (blog)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 21, 2013, 05:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 28, 2013, 07:08:13 PM
That's gonna be one very cranky auditor.

He called me a name before he left.

I don't understand it.  I answered all of his questions, and showed him all of the documentation.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Whole damn place is coming unglued.  The big chains are snapping, one by one, and Tucson is drifting further out into space.  "911 OPERATOR, IS THE NATURE OF YOUR EMERGENCY POLICE, FIRE, MEDICAL, OR PHYSICS?"  The albino coyote has been seen as far West as Benson.  Signs and portents.

And I have to put up with an auditor asking me stupid shit about "redundant metrics".

SO I ANSWERED HIM.  AND I GAVE HIM ALL THE DOCUMENTATION.  AT ONCE.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

I am beginning to believe that my plant is a "chaos sink", and that it exists so that YOUR shit doesn't explode.

LOOK GRATEFUL.

The Good Reverend Roger

MIKE JUST ASKED IF I HAD ANY COMMENTS CONCERNING THE PROJECT...

My face came right off.  Sheer Holiness™ flowed forth. 

I was thrown out of the meeting.  Not unlike John Smith being pitched out of Jackson Country, Missouri.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2013, 07:49:23 PM

I was thrown out of the meeting.  Not unlike John Smith being pitched out of Jackson Country, Missouri.

I need to install a video camera in the conference room.

Junkenstein

QuoteSO I ANSWERED HIM.  AND I GAVE HIM ALL THE DOCUMENTATION.  AT ONCE.

This is the correct manner in dealing with any and all auditors on anything, ever.

The last one I dealt with, I refused to speak beyond yes, no, and handing stacks of paper. Occasionally pointing at something or a title.

The fool even gave me an on the spot, validated and irrefutable result so I could tell him to GET OUT.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 28, 2013, 08:00:45 PM

That would be nice.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2013, 08:21:16 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 28, 2013, 08:00:45 PM

That would be nice.

That would be PAY-PER-VIEW.

MAKE MILLIONS.

5%, thanks.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Coming to realize that Tucson is actually sort of the multiverse's junkheap.  It's full of stuff that's just a little out of phase with the rest of you bastards.  Things that look nonsensical to the outsider, because it wasn't from that person's universe in the first fucking place.  I mean, NOTHING HERE WORKS.  How does this city even function?  It's just failure after failure after failure.  It's like Lucy pulling the football out from in front of Charley Brown EVERY TIME HE TRIES TO KICK IT.

And the WAYS in which things fail are utterly non-believable.  It's some horrible troll from a young and malicious deity.  And we bite EVERY TIME, because WE CAN'T STOP OURSELVES from thinking that MAYBE, THIS TIME, Lucy will let us kick the football.

Thing is, the fucking football is broken, too.  And Lucy is a meth addict.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Mill bearings failed, though the mill didn't break loose.

There's another $67,500.  And that's the least costly fuck up so far.

It's a good thing corporations aren't stupid and wasteful, like the gubmint.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2013, 06:47:27 PM
Mill bearings failed, though the mill didn't break loose.

There's another $67,500.  And that's the least costly fuck up so far.

It's a good thing corporations aren't stupid and wasteful, like the gubmint.

Ouch. What's the full bill currently at? And why is someone not getting sacked for this?

The Good Reverend Roger

Speaking of the government, I have been considering for the last few weeks that the reason things keep being horrible, to nobody's gain, is that we're in the habit, now.  We have forgotten how to be anything else.

And everything that happens confirms our beliefs, rather than inspiring rage.