News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Anybody know something about OBE / Astral yadda yadda?

Started by Ixxie, August 26, 2013, 06:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Ixxie on August 27, 2013, 06:05:39 AM
I think I will like it here.

I will concede on TGRR's points, but they don't have much baring as far as I am concerned. Sure I will grant everybody has the right to behave in any way they want, but not everybody chooses to stay in the lowest denominator (although that is a holy place to be of course).

Aloha - I was not trying to fit Zoroasterism in with Discordianism - I wrote explicitly I know almost nothing about it and what I did hear of it made me think it was Dualistic. I believe I was corrected on that point.

I will park my sailing boat on the roof.

Then, I misunderstood your response.

Apologies.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Also, I am appropriately called Twid (Nephew Twiddleton) here. This is a joke screen name.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I will concede on TGRR's points, but they don't have much baring as far as I am concerned. Sure I will grant everybody has the right to behave in any way they want, but not everybody chooses to stay in the lowest denominator (although that is a holy place to be of course).

Aloha - I was not trying to fit Zoroasterism in with Discordianism - I wrote explicitly I know almost nothing about it and what I did hear of it made me think it was Dualistic. I believe I was corrected on that point.

A sense of subtle tongue-in-cheek humor would serve you well here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ixxie

Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 27, 2013, 08:09:28 AM

A sense of subtle tongue-in-cheek humor would serve you well here.

Touché - you drive the tip in like you have a bone to poke. This is becoming somewhat pugnacious brown nosing though, so I will refrain from digging deeper.
"In Shadow - we find the Light - Safely Sealed in Darkest Night, so make Sure Ya'll Keep it Tight. Wizards Only - Fools!"

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Ixxie on August 26, 2013, 09:26:07 PM
In the spirit of Hagbard's heuristic of 'True communication is only possible between Equals', would it not be nice to have the null-hypothesis in the average social encounter be intelligence? Could we not be Competent until proven Idiotic? Could we not rule out differing semantics and syntax as a cause for disagreement before assuming a conceptual conflict? Probably not, on the internet. I have my ideas about why (what an ironic paradox that what should have been our most powerful tool became our greatest weakness....)

:horrormirth:  :horrormirth:  :horrormirth:  :horrormirth:  :horrormirth:
A lot of people start out all nice and with good opinions of people in general.
After they meet a few thousand they lower their expectations.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

:showus:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2013, 10:00:29 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on August 26, 2013, 09:51:38 PM

:enough:

Ixxie, just don't say I didn't warn you  :p

Are you trying to say something, Professor?  That I am perhaps not the most accepting person in the whole world?

I am shocked and offended.

No no, you got me wrong -- Roger, you're anti-guru, anti-mystic, and all mystics need a good dose of that.

I warned Ixxie that trying to start a conversation about astral yadda yadda is kind of like starting a 50-Shades of Gray thread at a classic literature forum, and that apple talk has a FUCK YOU THIS IS APPLE TALK style.

For posterity -- I met Ixxie in #discord, then in the flesh at the July 2013 Discordian meetup in Amsterdam, and I think he's definitely a cool guy. But he's a big boy and can defend himself, so if you're worried about getting his blood on the wall, don't hold back on MY account.   

man, so many good possible emotes to wrap up this post.

let's go with the underused

:piss:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on August 27, 2013, 02:58:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2013, 10:00:29 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on August 26, 2013, 09:51:38 PM

:enough:

Ixxie, just don't say I didn't warn you  :p

Are you trying to say something, Professor?  That I am perhaps not the most accepting person in the whole world?

I am shocked and offended.

No no, you got me wrong -- Roger, you're anti-guru, anti-mystic, and all mystics need a good dose of that.

Good.  Because I'll have you worthless bastards know that I am the most caring and fucking COMPASSIONATE motherfucker you will ever meet. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2013, 02:00:18 AM
Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 27, 2013, 01:59:32 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2013, 01:53:07 AM
Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 27, 2013, 01:50:24 AM
Ixxie does seem like a pretty weird guy but if you, Cram and regret think he's an alright dude, I'll adjust to his oddness, and try to figure out where he's coming from.

ETA: I've had no reason to dislike him so far.

Well, he IS Belgian...

Yeah but so is Waffles. But he is Northest Belgianese...

Waffles is a special case.  He's like one of those Rottweilers that eat babies.

:lulz:

True story!
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]