News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Miley Cyrus, Pedobear, and the Hollywood Spectacle

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, August 27, 2013, 08:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 29, 2013, 05:01:51 AM
Wait. Is Daily Mail. Don't have to. Wheeee!

YES YOU FUCKING DO.

HONEY BOO BOO'S MOTHER.  GRINDING.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2013, 05:14:04 AM

YES YOU FUCKING DO.

I got to admit, I'm not up to date on Honey Boo Boo (that is to say, I only have a general idea of what it's about, despite all resistance).

I have no point of comparison here. To be honest, I don't even know who those two people are.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 29, 2013, 05:21:48 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2013, 05:14:04 AM

YES YOU FUCKING DO.

I got to admit, I'm not up to date on Honey Boo Boo (that is to say, I only have a general idea of what it's about, despite all resistance).

I have no point of comparison here. To be honest, I don't even know who those two people are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHCPh_Ww3yk

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2013, 04:58:32 AM
MEANWHILE, IN FLYOVER COUNTRY...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2403248/Here-Comes-Honey-Boo-Boo-Mama-June-downs-shots-grinds-bachelorette-party.html

READ IT.  FUCKING READ IT.

DON'T MAKE ME WRITHE IN HORROR ALONE.

:lulz: I love those guys. I seriously do. No matter how much TLC is all "laugh at these hicks because they're worse than you" I love them because they take it TO THE WALL every fucking time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 29, 2013, 06:28:07 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2403248/Here-Comes-Honey-Boo-Boo-Mama-June-downs-shots-grinds-bachelorette-party.html

:lulz: I love those guys. I seriously do. No matter how much TLC is all "laugh at these hicks because they're worse than you" I love them because they take it TO THE WALL every fucking time.

Yeah, apparently the single biggest expense they've made since receiving their (substantial) paycheck from the show is a new car. Mama puts it all into a savings fund, or so I read in an infoblurb on the Internet once.

But you know, "hur hur stupid fatty hicks. Pass the chips."

Cramulus

The Honey Boo Boo family reminds me of the kid who walks into the cafeteria and everybody starts laughing at him and he just owns it and takes a bow.

EK WAFFLR

My hurried, and only contribution to this mess.

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on August 29, 2013, 01:28:23 PM
Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 29, 2013, 06:28:07 AM

Yeah, apparently the single biggest expense they've made since receiving their (substantial) paycheck from the show is a new car. Mama puts it all into a savings fund, or so I read in an infoblurb on the Internet once.

They got (collectively) just over $40,000 for the whole thing.

And while I accept that Honey Boo Boo is America, I don't find that family to be WALL-worthy.  I find them to be something along the lines of stunned chipmunks.

I don't hate them.  I just don't want to be America.

tarod

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on August 28, 2013, 09:34:07 PM
I loved it in every conceivable way. Whether or not she was trying to make everyone horribly, horribly :eek:, or not, that's what happened, and that's never not good, even when it's not.

If it was satire and she nailed it perfectly, good for her. If it was something else and she missed epically, good for her. That's fucking art.

The reason why 99% of all art sucks is that 100% of all art sucks, with 1% being something our sick, sad species is hungry for...and boy-fucking-howdy, were we hungry for that thing she did.

That being the case, it behooves the artist not to strive for creating something that falls into that 1% category, but to create every god-damned, god-awful, piece of suck they can possibly imagine; to play the numbers game in the very off chance that something sticks. I could guess at what she was going for there, but anything I could come up with is not nearly as glorious as what I know--she did a thing! She took creative control and pretty clearly didn't succumb to any of those weak-kneed temptations to nix any of her ideas...or even really evaluate them on merit. That in-and-of itself gets a FUCK-YEAH, from this observer.

I think Ke$ha does this quite a bit as well. She can actually sing, but if she's making money with autotune and dance beats why shoot the goose that lays the golden egg.   See also Holly brook turning into skylar grey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_vdc4nc9-Q

VS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhxPBrxxaqc

I mean WTF. But hey I'm happy for her. Disregard art, acquire currency.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2013, 08:59:25 PM
Quote from: Cainad on August 29, 2013, 01:28:23 PM

They got (collectively) just over $40,000 for the whole thing.

And while I accept that Honey Boo Boo is America, I don't find that family to be WALL-worthy.  I find them to be something along the lines of stunned chipmunks.

I don't hate them.  I just don't want to be America.

Nope, the first couple seasons they got paid peanuts and basically straight-up exploited, but then Mama negotiated for a significant amount more. Not "rich as fuck" more, but "the kids are taken care of" more.

I consider them a damn sight smarter and more real than most Americans™. I've watched a bunch of episodes (RESEARCH, GODDAMMIT) and I'd rather they be America than what we're actually stuck with.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Let me put it this way; the reason the show is so popular is because most Americans feel superior to them. And the reason most Americans feel superior to them is because they're weird. They're weird in a not-pre-rich way.

And they don't give a fuck.