News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Experimental new technology has absolutely no potential downside:

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, August 28, 2013, 07:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

FINALLY! MY DEVICE FOR STABBING PEOPLE IN THE EAR OVER THE PHONE HAS ARRIVED! FUCK ALL YOU HUDIing BASTAGES!

The Good Reverend Roger

See what I mean?

Give this shit to TGRR, kill the inventor.

Everything will be okay.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

McGrupp

Damn. That is disturbing. I'm betting it won't be used to end world hunger.

Cuddlefish

A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

McGrupp

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 12, 2013, 09:15:55 AM
http://www.thetileapp.com/

No potential downsides here either.

Yaaay! That guy in the windowless van found my keys! I'm just going to meet him under the highway overpass.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: McGrupp on September 12, 2013, 02:08:18 PM

Yaaay! That guy in the windowless van found my keys! I'm just going to meet him under the highway overpass.

Not how that works.

McGrupp

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 12, 2013, 02:36:21 PM

Not how that works.

Ah, gotcha. I just read the whole thing. So random strangers can't just get access to your tiles.

Me read comprehension good.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: McGrupp on September 12, 2013, 04:33:50 PM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 12, 2013, 02:36:21 PM

Not how that works.

Ah, gotcha. I just read the whole thing. So random strangers can't just get access to your tiles.

Me read comprehension good.

It DOES mean the NSA can track all your shit, but really I don't know how much more invasive that is than tracking your phone's location.

Junkenstein

With the small size and adhesiveness, you could also easily track others, or the belonging of others.

That's a whole realm of potential criminal benefits. Once the range expands it's going to get even better/easier.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 12, 2013, 06:33:15 PM
With the small size and adhesiveness, you could also easily track others, or the belonging of others.

That's a whole realm of potential criminal benefits. Once the range expands it's going to get even better/easier.

Bingo! That's exactly where my mind went. "Holy Heck, they're selling national tracking devices!!!"
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson