Twid does Foundry missions on Star Trek Online

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, August 29, 2013, 04:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

My thoughts on the first mission-

For some reason, you are required to go from Earth to Vulcan to meet with a non-high ranking Vulcan. En route, you come across an uncharted black hole and due to the gravity you experience time dilation (I want to work real science into this as much as possible). Your bridge gets shaken up a bit as you pass but you're on a mission, so you'll come back to it later. When you arrive at Vulcan, you see that it's under attack. It is being defended by Vulcan civilian ships, Andorian Imperial Guard ships, and Caitian ships (all are ships available to Federation players, since Vulcan, Andoria and Cait are Federation planets) against standard Federation ships.

You come to Vulcan's aid, and then beam down to Vulcan to fight off mostly Earth forces. You come across a dying Vulcan who tells you she thought you were dead, because you went missing so long ago. There is some intimation of this Vulcan being a frienemy, but she is glad to see you, despite past lively debates. Eventually, you both realize that you are from the past and this is the future, since you have never met this Vulcan before, but too much has been given away at this point and you know that in the next 20 years the Federation will be plunged into civil war.

The mission ends with you doing the sling shot trick around Vulcan's sun, but not before your first officer manages to get some info for Vulckipedia about the impending civil war. You put the chip aside, decide to go to the starbase in orbit around Vulcan and then meet, for the first time, the Vulcan you just saw die. So you introduce yourself and buy her a drink.

Needs to be fleshed out but what do you think? The implication is, that you take the future dialog into account, and eventually read the records, and see the unfolding of the civil war going on all around you, and you have to wonder whether you should stop it or not.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Nephew Twiddleton

Bump. Working on Episode 1 now, with this thread as a ref.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Twigel on September 01, 2013, 06:19:58 AM
My thoughts on the first mission-

For some reason, you are required to go from Earth to Vulcan to meet with a non-high ranking Vulcan. En route, you come across an uncharted black hole and due to the gravity you experience time dilation (I want to work real science into this as much as possible). Your bridge gets shaken up a bit as you pass but you're on a mission, so you'll come back to it later. When you arrive at Vulcan, you see that it's under attack. It is being defended by Vulcan civilian ships, Andorian Imperial Guard ships, and Caitian ships (all are ships available to Federation players, since Vulcan, Andoria and Cait are Federation planets) against standard Federation ships.

You come to Vulcan's aid, and then beam down to Vulcan to fight off mostly Earth forces. You come across a dying Vulcan who tells you she thought you were dead, because you went missing so long ago. There is some intimation of this Vulcan being a frienemy, but she is glad to see you, despite past lively debates. Eventually, you both realize that you are from the past and this is the future, since you have never met this Vulcan before, but too much has been given away at this point and you know that in the next 20 years the Federation will be plunged into civil war.

The mission ends with you doing the sling shot trick around Vulcan's sun, but not before your first officer manages to get some info for Vulckipedia about the impending civil war. You put the chip aside, decide to go to the starbase in orbit around Vulcan and then meet, for the first time, the Vulcan you just saw die. So you introduce yourself and buy her a drink.

Needs to be fleshed out but what do you think? The implication is, that you take the future dialog into account, and eventually read the records, and see the unfolding of the civil war going on all around you, and you have to wonder whether you should stop it or not.

Hmmm.... the map creation seems to not allow for stars. I might have to go with premade maps that involve K1 or equivalent dwarves (Trek lore identifies Vulcan's sun as 40 Eridani A which is a 1KV. Sol is a G2V (G is the next largest class after K, 0 is brighter than 9, so the Vulcan star would be smaller, dimmer, and oranger). V is a Roman numeral and indicates that the star is Main Sequence)

Nephew Twiddleton