News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

the Austrian Zinger

Started by Ixxie, August 31, 2013, 05:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixxie

Ice Berg Salad, Radishes, Strawberries, Goat Cheese, honey and a good vinegar (dark balsamico maybe). Mint and Lemon optional.
"In Shadow - we find the Light - Safely Sealed in Darkest Night, so make Sure Ya'll Keep it Tight. Wizards Only - Fools!"

East Coast Hustle

I had to think about the radishes for a minute, but I think they'd work. Everything else you mentioned is variations on a pretty classic combination. I used to do a version at a place I cheffed at with arugula, candied pears, fresh mint, blueberry stilton, and a blueberry balsamic vinaigrette. Big fan of the sweet/tart/strong cheese combination. Radishes would give a nice bit of crunch without doing that awful thing where people put nuts all over a salad.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Ixxie

yeah I know what you mean, its just that radish / strawberry thing that got me off guard but like you say its a typical sort of thing.
"In Shadow - we find the Light - Safely Sealed in Darkest Night, so make Sure Ya'll Keep it Tight. Wizards Only - Fools!"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sounds good. I would eat the hell out of that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."