News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

HEY UK SPAGS!

Started by East Coast Hustle, September 02, 2013, 10:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

So I'm thinking of trying to fly to London in November to see Rise Against, Parkway Drive, and Blood Command at Warped Tour on the 16th or 17th. It's gonna cost a little over a grand each between travel and tickets so obviously I'm looking for cheap accommodations, probably for 1 or 2 nights for me and maybe my GF. What are going rates for rooms in the city and does anyone have recommendations for places to check out or a willingness to let 2 strangers sleep on their floor?

Also if any of you spags are from the Belgian cities of Bern, Eindhoven, Berlin, or Vienna feel free to chime in.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

EK WAFFLR

Not from any of those cities, but, if you don't mind dorms, Generator Hostel is cheap. It's where I usually stay.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

East Coast Hustle

What is "cheap" over there? I've never been to that side of the Atlantic so I have no frame of reference.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Balls Wellington on September 02, 2013, 11:45:17 AM
What is "cheap" over there? I've never been to that side of the Atlantic so I have no frame of reference.

Last time i was in London, I ended up paying $46 for three beds for two nights .
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

East Coast Hustle

That's whole lot less than I was thinking. Thanks Waffles!

Junkenstein

Quote from: Balls Wellington on September 02, 2013, 11:45:17 AM

What level of squalor are you willing to sit in for the duration? I can probably give you a rough idea of what's reasonable in the UK, London prices are over-inflated somewhat but you can probably get something pretty cheap. Their forums may also be worth a shot, usually festivals attract people getting bulk rooms and people always drop out so you can occasionally luck out and get something for fuck all right near the thing.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Balls Wellington on September 02, 2013, 08:04:30 PM
That's whole lot less than I was thinking. Thanks Waffles!

Bear in mind that that was a 8/16 bed mixed dorm.

And that Generator is a party place w/ it's own night club.

I like it there.

generatorhostels.com/en/destinations/london/book-now/?gclid=CM6LtbTQrbkCFbR6cAodqxUA2Q

[/b]

Ixxie

I am not on your root, but a couple of tips:

1. Couchsurfing.org might help you out in finding a sleeping spot, and in meeting fun people.
2. http://www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de/  - carpooling service from Germany, useful for traveling in and out of Germany/Austria/Switzerland.
3. Vienna is fucking awesome and if you want an extended list of recommendations for what to do there, just ask.
"In Shadow - we find the Light - Safely Sealed in Darkest Night, so make Sure Ya'll Keep it Tight. Wizards Only - Fools!"