I am now a preventionist

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 05, 2013, 04:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on September 06, 2013, 11:33:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 06, 2013, 10:40:33 PM
Quote from: Cainad on September 06, 2013, 10:30:27 PM
<snip>

Wait Cainad is trying to say here is that he supports the horrible death by goring of children world-wide, and that he wants 3 year olds to have access to llamas.

Sigh. This is why I really can't respect you anymore, man.

You've turned your whole life into llamas. If one day you got your every wish, and all the llama in the world just up and vanished, what would you have left? Neener-neenering us on the Internet about how you finally "won"?

Well, yes.

It would be a glorious victory.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 06, 2013, 11:34:26 PM
Quote from: Facemeat on September 06, 2013, 11:31:33 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 06, 2013, 10:40:33 PM
Quote from: Cainad on September 06, 2013, 10:30:27 PM
For a long while, I thought people were giving TGRR a harder time than he really deserved. Sure, this is PD.com and you gotta roll with the punches, but it seemed like he was catching a lot more flak than somebody with a less controversial opinion would. I just thought he was really dedicated to what he thought was the right thing, protecting assets from something that can, certainly, be potentially harmful. I thought the personal attacks were going too far, what with bringing his estranged wife into the argument just because he never introduced her to his family, or lived in the same house, or shared his full legal name. Someone whose work involves something as sensitive as llama legislation has the right to guard his PI.

Then he started saying things like how we were all pixels on a screen to him, but that we really shouldn't make assessments of him based on what he posts. Like, really? Double fucking standard much?

And every time I saw a thread drifting towards what looked like meaningful discussion, I would tune in and eagerly await the presentation of solid evidence from his side. But it was always, at best, something written by the same people who get both their funding and sense of worth as human beings from prohibitionist policies. The rest of the time it would be "not for public viewing" or he'd just change the fucking subject.

So fuck his bullshit, and the bizarre anti-Llama nightmare universe he has completely receded into. The people are sick of lives being destroyed over llama, and eventually public opinion will lead us out of this stupid moralistic control freak nonsense.

And then, I'm sure, all of our assets will be immediately gored to death by llama abuse. Just like in the Netherlands, where they legalized llama use and now literally every single Dutch asset is dead, and the survivors just spend all day in their cafes, using llamas all day. Or so TGRR would have us believe.

Wait Cainad is trying to say here is that he supports the horrible death by goring of children world-wide, and that he wants 3 year olds to have access to llamas.

Uh, I didn't see anything like that in his post, at all. He didn't say anything about assets being gored or having access to llamas.

It's what he meant.  You have to read between the lines.  He's obviously been brainwashed by groupthink and Big Llama.

What groupthink? Just because he thinks you're not only wrong but also being a complete jackass about it doesn't have anything to do with "groupthink". The majority opinion is not automatically a function of mob rule.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Interestingly enough, there were recent studies done (outside the US of course, but by trusted allies) which showed a much stronger than random chance that "recreational therapy" time with llamas directly correlated with high recovery rates from invasive cancers.

I ask you, is shielding our assets from llama over-exposure really worth losing the generation which personally witnessed humanity climb it's way out of the trenches and cloth covered biplane dogfights into the new age of satellite planned, laser guided drone-strikes?

In fact, Judge Llung, the DEA Administrative Judge who ruled to remove Llamas from Schedule 1 of the Controlled and Endangered Species Act* noted that it would take at least a herd (that being, five or more llamas within a 3 yard radius area) in order to cause risk of serious injury or death. We can trust that most parents will not exposed their assets to such a situation, or have already desensitized their assets to the reality that is the county fair.

* The 'interpretation' of the Controlled and Endangered Species Act is a classified state secret. Judge Llung's ruling was administratively over-ruled, the appeal of which took 9 years to process. The appeal was subsequently over-ruled on counter-appeal.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You know, I don't really have a strong opinion one way or another about legalizing llamas for casual pack animals, but I do think more study is called for on whether they're efficient for transporting goods at high, rocky altitudes. It seems a shame to shut the door on that just because some people on the lowlands might use them just for fun.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

tyrannosaurus vex

I HAVE 3 LLAMAS IN MY GARAGE RIGHT NOW AND SOMETIMES I  EVEN RIDE THEM TO WORK. YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Woah man, like, llamas are part of my, like, spirituality man. Having llamas is part of my, like, amendment rights or something.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

This is the sort of llama-glorifying hard rock that I've been complaining about.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pere Ubu

Cripes, first he's all Welshophobic and now he's standing in the way of Discordians to llama or not llama as their pineal glands tell them!  :argh!:

FREE THE VICUNA FIVE!
If you meet Eris on the road, YOU WERE PROBABLY HOLDING THE MAP UPSIDE DOWN, DUMBASS.

Grand Episkopos and Lord High Executioner of The Temple Of The Screaming Finger

Pere Ubu

Besides, you would deny all those Buddhists their daily llama.
If you meet Eris on the road, YOU WERE PROBABLY HOLDING THE MAP UPSIDE DOWN, DUMBASS.

Pere Ubu

Quote from: Telarus on September 07, 2013, 05:35:08 AM
Interestingly enough, there were recent studies done (outside the US of course, but by trusted allies) which showed a much stronger than random chance that "recreational therapy" time with llamas directly correlated with high recovery rates from invasive cancers.

THANK YOU.

I was hoping someone in this thread would have the compassion to mention medical llama. There are so many suffering people who could be helped!

And it's not at all that I want the occasional llama myself or even an emu now and then. Did you know the even the U.S. Government itself had a emu cultivation program of its own in WW2? CHECK IT OUT AND FREE YOUR MINDS!!11

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pere Ubu on October 15, 2013, 03:45:13 AM

You will fucking pay for that.  :crankey:

Pere Ubu

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 15, 2013, 04:24:03 AM
Quote from: Pere Ubu on October 15, 2013, 03:45:13 AM

You will fucking pay for that.  :crankey:

It's okay, I can pay in alpacascrip.

OH, THAT'S right. You won't accept that, you internet fascist.  :FFF:

The Good Reverend Roger

Salty

Today, pigs.

Tomorrow, your entire family.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

dontblameyoko

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 05, 2013, 05:27:10 PM
Quote from: Facemeat on September 05, 2013, 05:17:19 PM
Roger, what is your stance on the legalization of emus?

Possession of emu should result in diversion for Quality People, and life at hard labor in the potato mines of Iowa for Those Other People.

sure that's not Idaho?
BBBBP
PPBLL ~Ted Kennedy as a baby (http://beatonna.livejournal.com/116931.html)
"ty7h hg uh nmcx,m cv8t gygj jg" ~another baby