News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

An Open Letter To RWHN

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 06, 2013, 05:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

ITT: RWHN doesn't know what "tolerance" means.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 06, 2013, 08:51:05 PM
ITT: RWHN doesn't know what "tolerance" means.

Sure.  It means "don't disagree with RWHN" and "Put up with RWHN's bad behavior if you do."

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

My advice is for people to stop attempting to get me to SHUT UP, because they disagree with me. 

Because:

A). It's not ever going to work

and

B). Practice what you preach
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: I, Regulator on September 06, 2013, 08:47:55 PM
Quote from: I, Regulator on September 06, 2013, 08:43:44 PM
Quote from: Twigel on September 06, 2013, 08:20:49 PM
What specifically are you looking for rwhn? By that i mean what are you saying you wont back down and what you want in return?

It's simple.

Tolerance.
Of what? Thats why i said specifically.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: I, Regulator on September 06, 2013, 08:55:12 PM
My advice is for people to stop attempting to get me to SHUT UP, because they disagree with me. 

Because:

and

Nobody's telling you to shut up because you disagree with them. They're telling you to stop being an asshole about how much you disagree with them all the time. You know, "THAT'S COOL AND I'MMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT YOU'RE WRONG AND HERE'S WHY..." in every. single. thread. And then, you either fail to bring any actual evidence, bring clearly skewed and/or cherrypicked evidence, or refuse out of hand to consider conflicting evidence on account of "it's wrong cause I said so." You base your positions on meaningless things like "I heard of a guy who" and "Well in Maine that's how we roll," and when people call you on this kind of awful behavior, you act like they're calling out your beliefs* for being wrong when really, they're just questioning the road you took to get to them.

*Which is all they really are.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Kai

I don't like tolerance anyway. I much prefer the "don't be an asshole" rule.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on September 06, 2013, 09:00:37 PM

Because:

and

Nobody's telling you to shut up because you disagree with them.

He knows.  But that isn't the point, is it?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Babboonery, ITT.

Gotta show that bright red ass.  Even if it means abandoning every shred of intellectual honesty you may have left, right?

Nephew Twiddleton

The other thing is we want to see more of you not just your job. The problem here is a feedback loop. You know stop being a fish and all that. To take the uniform analogy and the recent joke at your expense the argument is like im wearing a suit. Its ill fitting. But im wearing a suit. Yeah dude and its ill fitting. SUIT. ILL FITTING.
Everyone shutting up about it wouldnt be a bad thing. We know about your suit. You know we think its ill fitting. Youre going to keep wearing the suit. And were going to keep thinking its ill fitting. Why not talk about something else? Why do you have to be indignant about your suit being called ill fitting? If someone else brings up the suit in another thread where youre discussing something different dont be a fish. Just say non sequitur. Stop thread jacking. Its that easy.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Twigel on September 06, 2013, 09:23:15 PM
The other thing is we want to see more of you not just your job. The problem here is a feedback loop. You know stop being a fish and all that. To take the uniform analogy and the recent joke at your expense the argument is like im wearing a suit. Its ill fitting. But im wearing a suit. Yeah dude and its ill fitting. SUIT. ILL FITTING.
Everyone shutting up about it wouldnt be a bad thing. We know about your suit. You know we think its ill fitting. Youre going to keep wearing the suit. And were going to keep thinking its ill fitting. Why not talk about something else? Why do you have to be indignant about your suit being called ill fitting? If someone else brings up the suit in another thread where youre discussing something different dont be a fish. Just say non sequitur. Stop thread jacking. Its that easy.

Or stop wearing that suit.

AFK

Quote from: Twigel on September 06, 2013, 08:58:09 PM
What specifically are you looking for rwhn? By that i mean what are you saying you wont back down and what you want in return?

It's simple.

Tolerance.

Of someone who has different opinions.

Reality grids, etc
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: I, Regulator on September 06, 2013, 09:25:39 PM

It's simple.

Tolerance.

Reality grids, etc

RWHN will not get the point, because RWHN is determined to not get the point.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: I, Regulator on September 06, 2013, 09:25:39 PM

It's simple.

Tolerance.

Reality grids, etc
Now do you mean tolerance of the person or tolerance of the opinion too? What about the basis of the opinion?

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Another analogy. 
What roger has done here is to hold an intervention for you. He admits that we have done drugs with you and that you should stop doing drugs. Hell do the same. Your response is to say only if everyone else refuses to sell me drugs. What hes saying is that you should just say no to drugs if someone tries to deal to you.