News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Julian Assange should stick to reporting. His politics SUCK

Started by Cain, September 10, 2013, 01:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Junkenstein

Have you caught the "We steal secrets" documentary yet? There's a lot of similar behaviours noted in there that would seem to mesh with this. The desire for control, a need to have Wikileaks/Assange viewed as essentially the same thing so an attack on one becomes an attack on the other etc.

Thinking about in those lines, it's not that surprising his political aspirations have stalled. He seems to be exceptionally good at alienating even his closest supporters given time.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 10, 2013, 01:56:53 PM
I wish he wasn't such a flagrant douche.

I don't care, really.  As Cain says, even if this is true, it doesn't invalidate his reporting.

And whether or not it's true, what motivation is there in reporting it?  Oh, yeah.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 10, 2013, 02:45:51 PM

I don't care, really.  As Cain says, even if this is true, it doesn't invalidate his reporting.

And whether or not it's true, what motivation is there in reporting it?  Oh, yeah.

I care, because it sucks that he has this giant DOUCHE handle sticking out of his forehead that everyone can use to smear the cause. He should know better than to have handles.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 10, 2013, 02:51:00 PM

I care, because it sucks that he has this giant DOUCHE handle sticking out of his forehead that everyone can use to smear the cause. He should know better than to have handles.

That was going to happen whether or not he actually has those handles.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 10, 2013, 02:54:01 PM

He could have made it harder on them, is all.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 10, 2013, 02:54:37 PM

Who says he didn't?  Who says any of the accusations against him are true?

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 10, 2013, 02:56:01 PM

I'm pretty confident he's a douche. Some of the accusations are probably false, and some are overblown, but that doesn't change the fact that he sucks as a person.

Junkenstein

Just want to add to this, while it doesn't invalidate his reporting, it does make it much harder for others to validate it. Really, who wants to examine the Nasty Truth at the best of times? Not many. Who really wants to look at the Nasty Truth when it's being presented to you by a (possible) rapist? Even less.

Also, the OP is quite telling about politics in general. There's the constant huge fight over who can be the most central and appeal to the most people. The result is any concession in one direction will inevitably alienate potential supporters. The numbers you alienate increase the more you reach to either side.

QuoteThen they discovered that Assange instead had made deals with a far-right party as well as one that is militantly pro-gun. The result was a number of party members quit, including Leslie Cannold, Assange's No. 2 in the party, and Daniel Mathews, one of his close friends from college, leaving the party divided two weeks before the election.

There's also just being dumb. If he didn't expect that reaction then he may just be acting crazy in an Embassy.

QuoteWho says he didn't?  Who says any of the accusations against him are true?

I'd encourage you all to have a look at that documentary I mentioned. It covers pretty much exactly this.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 10, 2013, 03:04:48 PM

I'm pretty confident he's a douche. Some of the accusations are probably false, and some are overblown, but that doesn't change the fact that he sucks as a person.

Based on what information, and from whom?

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 10, 2013, 03:05:46 PM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 10, 2013, 03:04:48 PM

Based on what information, and from whom?

People who know him, whom I trust implicitly.

Faust

If the implication is that someone knows that he did commit the sexual charges thrown at him, then a little more then I have a friend who said so will be required, otherwise its best not to bring it up and should be kept to what is publicly available information.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Q. G. Pennyworth

Oh, sorry I wasn't talking about any of the charges of sexual assault, just personality. I should have been more clear.

Faust

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 10, 2013, 04:33:09 PM
Oh, sorry I wasn't talking about any of the charges of sexual assault, just personality. I should have been more clear.
Ah ok, yeah, any interviews I've seen make him come across as incredibly arrogant and self serving, pure douchbag.
Sleepless nights at the chateau