News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

I love Miley Cyrus

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 10, 2013, 08:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on September 25, 2013, 04:58:57 PM
Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 25, 2013, 04:26:36 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on September 25, 2013, 04:08:10 PM
Miley has a new video called "23" http://mashable.com/2013/09/24/miley-cyrus-23-michael-jordan/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

apparently it's a tribute to Michael Jordan

kind of unnoteworthy IMO

SOMEDAY, WHEN MY INTERNET IS WORKING AGAIN.

Are you still getting the Only PD accessible bug? If so that is a DNS issue and should be easy to troubleshoot. I can walk you though a few simple tests that take 5 min if you like.

Sure!

The weird thing is that periodically, everything is fine. And then some things are borked. Occasionally even PD is borked.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 25, 2013, 05:10:35 PM
Miley has a new video called "23" http://mashable.com/2013/09/24/miley-cyrus-23-michael-jordan/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

kind of unnoteworthy IMO

Are you still getting the Only PD accessible bug? If so that is a DNS issue and should be easy to troubleshoot. I can walk you though a few simple tests that take 5 min if you like.

Sure!

The weird thing is that periodically, everything is fine. And then some things are borked. Occasionally even PD is borked.
Cool, Can you get onto the IRC channel? or will I pm you?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on September 25, 2013, 05:12:03 PM

kind of unnoteworthy IMO

Sure!

If you could PM me that would be rad. Thanks!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

aaand she's releasing a documentary about herself http://mashable.com/2013/09/19/miley-cyrus-documentary-trailer/

QuoteMiley Cyrus has been dominating news and social media for weeks, but it seems it was all just part of her plan.

"You're always gonna make people talk," Cyrus says in the trailer for her new documentary called Miley: The Movement, which will air on MTV on Oct. 2. "You might as well make them talk for, like, two weeks, rather than two seconds."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cramulus on September 25, 2013, 07:37:05 PM
aaand she's releasing a documentary about herself http://mashable.com/2013/09/19/miley-cyrus-documentary-trailer/

QuoteMiley Cyrus has been dominating news and social media for weeks, but it seems it was all just part of her plan.

"You're always gonna make people talk," Cyrus says in the trailer for her new documentary called Miley: The Movement, which will air on MTV on Oct. 2. "You might as well make them talk for, like, two weeks, rather than two seconds."

I am somehow reminded of a kid grabbing another kid's hand and jeering,

"Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!"

but we can't stop hitting ourselves

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

kind of unnoteworthy IMO

Sure!

And then Faust walked me through fixing All The Things. Much motha fuckin wicked clown love, homie.

Pergamos

Ok, I've been kind of enraptured by this whole thing since Nigel posted about the VMA thing being a troll.  I still haven't watched that.  However my daughter made me watch We Can't Stop, I'm not sure why since she herself hated it, she saw it as Miley going off the tracks and falling apart, she'd been a fan of the Hannah Montana show Don't blame me for her bad taste, all kids are allowed some.  Anyway, I saw it as bad, but not awesome bad like Toxic which had caused me to start enjoying Brittney Spears becuase suddenly she was an interesting, complex, and perhaps completely insane, human being and not some disney cut out.  Then I saw Nigel's analysis of the VMA's, but it didn't quite click for me yet.

I watched Wrecking Ball prior to seeing this thread, visually I enjoyed it, music wise I am still not a fan, but whatever, and it definitely had that creepy aspect that I couldn't quite put my finger on.  I think there's something about the combination of powerful, sexually aggressive miley with a hammer or riding a wrecking ball with close up of her face, crying, vulnerable Miley.  It's a little bit like she realizes (during the crying close ups) that it really wasn't very nice to rape that fellow with a strap on.

Miley Cyrus was really not the popstar I expected to get complex and interesting in ways that went beyond anything musical.  I'm glad she did and am looking forward to seeing where she goes from here.  I also want to say I really like her hair.

Pergamos

I'm also trying to figure out why anyone takes RWHN any more seriously than Brother Nihil.  I mean, he is more skilled at trolling, but that he is trolling is really transparent.  I know trolling is kind of a religious duty for Discordians, can't somebody get him on one of those pagan boards you are always going to?

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Pergamos on September 26, 2013, 07:35:19 AM
I'm also trying to figure out why anyone takes RWHN any more seriously than Brother Nihil.  I mean, he is more skilled at trolling, but that he is trolling is really transparent.  I know trolling is kind of a religious duty for Discordians, can't somebody get him on one of those pagan boards you are always going to?
Because he used to be a good guy.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Q. G. Pennyworth

I asked my daughter the other day what music she likes. I offered Miley Cyrus as an option.

"Who's he?"

BEST ANSWER.

LMNO

Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 26, 2013, 12:25:24 AM

kind of unnoteworthy IMO

Sure!

And then Faust walked me through fixing All The Things. Much motha fuckin wicked clown love, homie.

Please note the Discordian gang sign of "2 + 3".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 26, 2013, 02:48:35 PM
Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 26, 2013, 12:25:24 AM

kind of unnoteworthy IMO

Sure!

Please note the Discordian gang sign of "2 + 3".

:lulz: That's why I posted it. Not to mention the tiny eye on her knuckle.

LMNO

More like  Mylumminatyrus, amirite?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 26, 2013, 04:07:46 PM
More like  Mylumminatyrus, amirite?

MILEY: THE MOVEMENT

I loved that she is so over the top grandiose.  :lulz:

Cramulus

I bet you a certain discordian perv is positively throbbing right now over the 23 reference

hxxp://discordia.uncle BadTouch.org/xtra/mileyraycyrus.html