News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

DC Mayor vetoes living wage bill in city.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 12, 2013, 08:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/washington-dc-mayor-vetoes-living-wage-bill-aimed-big-retailers-8C11138501

Quote"While the intentions of its supporters were good, this bill is simply a woefully inadequate and flawed vehicle for achieving the goal we all share," said Gray in a statement. Formally called the Large Retailer Accountability Act of 013 (LRAA), Gray's statement said the bill would have harmed job growth and economic development.

Won't someone thing about the job providers?  They have a hell of a time!
\
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

McGrupp

This sucks. I was really hoping this would go through after the council called WalMart out after they threatened to leave the city.

My favorite part is that this bill only affects those businesses that make over a billion dollars a year. I mean c'mon, multi-billion dollar businesses are just constantly being taken advantage of. Glad the Mayor stood up for the little guy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Ben Shapiro