News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Trigger warning: Drugs

Started by LMNO, September 13, 2013, 05:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

it's highly addictive and can create significant physical harm, particularily to the cardiovascular system.  I'd put it right up there with cocaine and heroin.  Nasty, nasty stuff.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Pergamos

Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on September 21, 2013, 12:53:38 AM
it's highly addictive and can create significant physical harm, particularily to the cardiovascular system.  I'd put it right up there with cocaine and heroin.  Nasty, nasty stuff.

I've known Junkies, Crackheads, and Methheads and I'd say Meth is the worst of the three. 

Salty

Ah, well then. That settles it.

Hey, how about an improved graph, eh? Since that one is so shitty.

DRUGS
Good-----------------------------------Bad

Here's one for Pergamos
                                      PERGAMOS RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Good-------------------------------------Bad

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pergamos on September 21, 2013, 12:54:42 AM
Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on September 21, 2013, 12:53:38 AM

I've known Junkies, Crackheads, and Methheads and I'd say Meth is the worst of the three.

Pergamos, I know a forum where your particular approach to science would fit right in! http://www.thescienceforum.com/

They will love your critical analysis skills there. They may even hail you as a god.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

FUCK YOU MY MOM WAS SUPER MEAN TO ME DURING CAFFEINE WITHDRAWL.

Salty

So I was at this awkward going away party for someone I don't really know. There were a bunch of Real Alaskan Men. Beards, fishing jobs, xtra tuffs, holier than thou attitude. Xtra manlieness.

Anyway, there was a fire and, after asking permission from the host, started smoking.

One dude looked highly indignant, got up and left.

This other dude starts yaking about some moldy pot they found that day. He asked me if i was interested. I was tired, confused, out of my element, and reeealy high already so I said sure. They way he asked was like he thought a person such as myself was too stupid to not smoke moldy weed.

So, i just got home, am out, and I suppose somewhat predictably, i checked it out. Its not mold. Its crystals, billions and billions of little crystals all huddled together like a god damned geode.

For some reason it feels like victory.

Salty

I only mention it because we stopped talking about the OP some time ago, that graph discussion is silly, and what better way to engage in a drug thread than to share stories about shit nobody cares about and doesn't matter?

None. There is no way that is better.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sounds like a definite win, if you ask me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I had a personal victory today, which is that after I finally gave up on ever having insurance again so I could ask my doctor like I keep saying I'm going to do, it occurred to me to just research it online and it looks like my personal tiny earthquakes are just seizure-related so I can chill out about them. I feel like I should have known this already and I was seriously just planning on going to my doctor and saying "hey so I periodically feel random small earthquakes that don't actually exist, what is that?" but I haven't had insurance for so long and I won't have it for a while so I just kind of gave up on that even though I know earthquakes can be a symptom of brain tumor and I am rather hilariously prone to tumors and already have one brain tumor so why not another? But after particularly bad earthquakes last night and this morning I finally realized I totally have the internet and can probably just look that shit up. Would you look at that! I can quit worrying. I was especially tickled by this:

QuoteSignificantly more EP than NES patients described "the world was moving" as the main reason that the earthquake was not a seizure.

:lol: The first thing I do when I feel an earthquake is check whether the light fixtures are swaying. I suspect it makes me look like a freak but it's a sure tip-off; swaying = earthquake, not-swaying = just me.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1046/j.1528-1157.2002.41801.x/asset/j.1528-1157.2002.41801.x.pdf?v=1&t=hlufdkra&s=ce88f149523a9e02a41202b59193d63f85e12488&systemMessage=Wiley+Online+Library+will+be+unavailable+for+approximately+4+hours+between+09%3A00+EDT+and+14%3A00+EDT+on+Saturday%2C+28+September+2013+as+we+make+upgrades+to+improve+our+services+to+you.+There+will+also+be+some+delays+to+online+publishing+between+25+to+28+September+2013.+We+apologize+for+the+inconvenience+and+appreciate+your+patience.+Thank+you+for+using+Wiley+Online+Library%21

Salty

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on September 21, 2013, 07:28:52 AM
How often does that happen?

Oh, it depends. Sometimes not for months, sometimes several times a week.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on September 20, 2013, 11:57:30 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on September 20, 2013, 07:57:25 PM
Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on September 20, 2013, 07:46:04 PM
Two times a month is regularly?  And that is average.  The last time i drank any alcohol was at a wedding this past July.

That aside,

I don't believe in this idea that just because one substance was made legal a bunch of decades ago, that we must legalize everything else that some categorize as "less harmful".

It is still harmful, thus, in my opinion, it is warranted to keep it as an illicit substance.

The bold- Why?

Because of what I said in the following sentence.

You seem to agree with that graph.

So, looking at that graph, is marijuana harmless?  Yes or No?

You just can't see anything about the whole "jail" thing can you? I really don't know why I bothered. Must have been high.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Dalek

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

East Coast Hustle

I'm gone for almost 2 weeks and THIS is what I come back to?

Fuck all of you. With sticks.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"