News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Mistborn

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, September 13, 2013, 08:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Is his chromium level over 9000, though?

Q. G. Pennyworth

No, it's only a 4 or a 5, but either way it's the only stat anyone has that's higher than the Lord Ruler. There was never any reason for that guy to buy it up because he knew what it did.

Q. G. Pennyworth

So, the GM has said we may play a generations game at some point set 300 years in the future of this game. I have done the sensible thing and downloaded genealogy software and am in the process of tracing the family lines of the PCs and major NPCs up to that point.

Pray for Mojo.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 05, 2014, 11:03:19 PM
So, the GM has said we may play a generations game at some point set 300 years in the future of this game. I have done the sensible thing and downloaded genealogy software and am in the process of tracing the family lines of the PCs and major NPCs up to that point.

Pray for Mojo.
Oh wow. That is dedication.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Ragret on October 09, 2014, 08:51:13 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 05, 2014, 11:03:19 PM

Pray for Mojo.
Oh wow. That is dedication.

So far three of the family lines have made it past the 100 year mark.

On an unrelated note, I have a HUGE list of terrible names for fantasy settings (or whatever else you want them for).

Q. G. Pennyworth

And while I'm at it bumping old nerd threads...

I got permission from the first GM to run a legacy campaign in this setting 100 years out from the end of the first campaign. The players will be in a small country along a major shipping route, and they will be trying to rise to power at a time when the world is experiencing the equivalent of the enlightenment and the early industrial revolution and the first major civil rights movement all at the same time.

In preparation for this, I have created a terrible name generator. I will be working on getting an online version of it available eventually, but for now, some samples:

• Slewure
  • Corspet
  • Hadaha
  • Jaunary

Don Coyote

Those random names are awful.

I NEED THAT GENERATOR

FOR REASONS

INVOLVING TERRIBLE NAMES

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 09, 2015, 05:41:11 PM
Those random names are awful.

I NEED THAT GENERATOR

FOR REASONS

INVOLVING TERRIBLE NAMES

Short term, you can have this:

{A|Ab|Abe|Ace|Ache|Ad|Ado|Ade|Al|All|Allo|Ame|Amo|Amy|Ano|An|And|Ander|Andre|As|Ash|Ayl|Aven|Aver|Ar|Ara|Art|Auber|Ba|Bal|Ban|Blad|Ben|Bend|Be|Ber|Bel|Bar|Band|Berg|Berge|Bergha|Bi|Bin|Bind|Billi|Blaid|Blen|Blythe|Bow|Brag|Bran|Bray|Bren|Bree|Bryn|Bur|Burk|Cad|Cal|Cat|Car|Cara|Cassi|Cast|Cla|Clair|Con|Cor|Cort|Cha|Char|Chad|Chan|Chast|Chew|Daw|Dal|Dar|Dari|Darn|Dan|Danni|Day|Dow|Dower|Dur|Dar|Dor|Dram|Dro|Drum|Emy|Epo|Even|F|Fab|Flax|Flo|Far|Fair|Faith|Fal|Filli|Finn|Forth|Fla|Flat|Flan|Fa|Fo|Fe|Fel|Fer|G|Ga|Gal|Gash|Gaul|Gem|Glo|Ga|Glower|Glora|Gra|Go|Ha|Had|Haff|Hal|Hald|Half|Ham|Han|Har|Hark|Hatch|Hay|Hen|Her|Hew|Hitch|Hig|Hilli|Hol|Hurl|Hutch|Hy|Ig|Illen|Immo|In|Ing|Insu|Ire|Ira|Isa|Jau|Jay|Je|Jen|Jet|Jor|Jo|Jan|Ka|Killi|Kwen|Kar|Kel|Ken|Kent|Kenning|Kern|King|Kit|Kith|Kna|Knit|Kre|Kyr|La|Lad|Lam|Lan|Late|Lax|Lee|Lem|Len|Lew|Li|Lie|Lo|Lou|Low|Lye|Ly|Ma|Mal|Man|Mani|Manni|May|Mel|Mes|Mich|Mil|Mill|Milli|Mo|Moll|Molli|Mar|Mari|Mo|Mor|Nez|Ni|Nor|O|Oblate|Ober|Ora|Ore|Orn|Opa|Pay|Pen|Phil|Pol|Poul|Por|Port|Pat|Quen|Rosa|Rho|Ra|Ran|Raph|Ras|Roan|Ro|Ray|S|Sa|Sam|So|Saph|Sand|Ser|Sid|Sy|Syd|Syr|Sor|Sow|Slat|Sal|Sat|Sho|Sha|Sle|Slew|Slo|Sly|Spher|Str|Scof|Tal|Tann|Ta|Tad|Th|Thad|Thain|Thar|Than|Thell|Thin|Tin|Tind|Tilli|Top|Tor|Ty|Tyr|Tra|Tran|Trade|Trane|Tray|Try|Tre|Tru|Twyl|Ur|Ul|Un|Ut|Va|Van|Vay|Var|Ver|Vin|Vinni|Vain|Vayn|Vane|Vor|Vyr|Wa|Wan|Wand|Wash|Wil|Willi|Win|Winni|Wail|Wal|War|Warren|Warring|Wor|Wha|Wra|Wrest|Ward|Yale|Yew|Yen|Yo|Yeo|Yoll|Yon|Za}{a|ale|alle|aff|aha|aidan|an|ana|ance|and|anda|andin|ando|andy|ane|anga|angen|angew|ann|anor|any|anny|avan|ala|alt|at|as|asi|arian|ath|aught|ault|ayl|back|bad|bana|barrow|batt|beck|bell|belle|bela|beland|bertin|bit|bid|blit|brill|burn|call|cad|cadaran|cadian|cell|cella|cent|cran|crad|dan|darn|den|dain|dys|dis|deign|din|dent|dran|dun|dolin|dor|dowin|down|dell|eau|el|end|ery|ess|ell|ellier|ee|endi|endir|endale|erston|erson|etta|ette|et|fair|fall|fale|fan|far|farr|fred|fret|frail|frale|fran|fin|fine|gar|gart|gard|gen|gine|gren|grin|grain|grane|hue|hilt|hale|hull|heel|hir|i|iana|ir|id|iel|ier|in|ine|inn|inor|iny|ik|iker|isma|keel|ken|kin|kid|ki|knot|lan|land|landa|larin|law|le|led|lee|leed|lein|lere|lie|lier|lone|lowe|lund|line|lyse|m|ma|mada|mala|man|mand|mar|mark|mel|mella|miel|mian|mort|mol|molle|mond|mund|man|mann|maine|mot|mott|n|nae|nas|nash|ne|ness|nadir|nary|naran|ned|nis|nish|ng|nor|now|noth|naught|o|olle|oll|ome|or|ony|one|ough|ought|pad|pan|per|perry|pran|prey|pray|pen|penn|park|rad|rano|rome|rone|rany|rhys|rees|re|realle|ree|ren|riel|rian|rianne|rin|rity|ro|roy|rua|rum|sann|shed|sted|sard|se|seel|sen|senal|senault|shawk|shor|slaw|sleed|slee|sley|son|steau|ston|stor|star|stan|strand|stone|stor|spen|sun|sol|sal|sale|sier|slatt|staf|sh|shan|sin|tinn|tann|than|thier|thall|thor|ton|tonne|tone|tin|the|tran|ty|terty|uell|ure|ut|val|valla|ves|vina|villa|vin|vir|van|ven|wade|wades|waid|wel|wenn|wend|wind|wren|weather|whether|when|whina|whillig|wyn|wynne|wyl|yn|yre|y|zan|ze|zed|zor|}

Paste it into hxxp://freespinner.net/ and it'll spit out four names at a go.

Cain

Have you considered incorporating the greater Cosmere into your game?

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cain on October 15, 2015, 03:42:42 AM
Have you considered incorporating the greater Cosmere into your game?

Our group has consciously rejected a substantial portion of the god-tier stuff from the Cosmere. In our version of events, the Lord Ruler was an idiot who didn't understand that black ash is actually going to make your planet hotter, moron, and so when we cleared up the Ashmounts things got better (but not back to the old normal) and neither Ruin nor Preservation have any driving consciousness or long-term goals.

Cain

That's probably for the better.  That stuff might be better suited for a high end campaign, but I suppose a lot of how it actually works is unknown, and trying to fit surgebinding and so on into Allomancy would be quite time consuming.

Not to mention if someone got their hands on a shardblade...

Q. G. Pennyworth

So I started running a game 100 years out because I couldn't decide how to resolve the inevitable civil/world war at about that time. One of the players has been posting summaries to r/mistborn in the hopes that we make Sanderson cry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mistborn/comments/466gk3/prostitutes_poison_and_booze_our_mistborn/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mistborn/comments/47h7mf/prostitutes_poison_and_booze_our_mistborn/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mistborn/comments/49m91e/prostitutes_poison_and_booze_pt3/

Deadbear21

Curses, I was following this diligently until it went to reddit.....now I can't finish....stupid Doc and there damn internets! :argh!:
burning garbage piles
smells like tasty barbecue
bodies in trash bags

Q. G. Pennyworth

Short version: new campaign focuses on Kenwick Mannix (the same player as the MURDER MURDER MURDER guy in the first game) and his trusty band of ne'er do wells -- Fiesal "Weasel" Profoste (a sketchy Terris "steward"), Fairenough Hasting (a steel compounder and courier), Pindewlyss Penrod (a tineye and the bitch of his noble house), and Indra (a bendalloy/aluminum twinborn with mild dissociative identity disorder) -- as they lie, cheat, poison, and steal their way into political power in the city of Dorming.

They have so far

• Tampered with census data
  • Destroyed the alliance between House Penrod and House Elariel
  • Co-founded a classy whore house
  • Ruined an important wedding
  • Undermined the already weak alliance between House Auerband and House Ossment
  • Murdered a "legitimate businessman" and taken over his "business"
  • Accidentally disqualified the incumbent candidate for the Skaa representative on the ruling council
  • Allowed the head of House Penrod to be assassinated in the night
  • Poisoned the acting head of House Penrod just days later
  • Acquired a live Giant Hogweed plant

Next game they will be purchasing House Ossment's everything by offering an alternative to bankruptcy that will go horribly wrong for Ossment because Fiesal is a rat bastard when it comes to finances and contracts. They may also ruin a shipment of very expensive clothing from House Merwades on its way to Luthadel, because heaven forbid they actually talk with people to negotiate deals instead of ruining their lives.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Oh look, this again

South to the south there's a place I know
Where the streams run clean and the cool winds blow
Wish I could lay my head down low
But my lady calls and away I go

Said "take your sword and take your spear
And a kiss from the ones who hold you dear
I'll wash away all your crippling fear
And we'll make this the empire's final year"

Skaa to the left and terris to the right
And the nobleman come to make things right