The First Church of the Wrath of Baby Jesus and Open Bar™

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, September 17, 2013, 06:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sita

Besides the whole idea of a vacation is destined to just be a what if thing because I seriously doubt we will have the money after everything gets payed off at tax time. Despite what he thinks.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Suu

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 22, 2013, 04:01:32 AM
Quote from: Suu on October 22, 2013, 03:59:22 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 22, 2013, 03:52:12 AM
Quote from: Suu on October 22, 2013, 03:28:57 AM
Quote from: Sita on October 22, 2013, 01:49:57 AM
I'd love to go but husband hates the beach. He doesn't like how the sand gets in everything and refuses to swim in the ocean.

You live in Florida.

Trade that man in and get another one, because he's clearly defective. Or just get him polarized sunglasses. They at least show you where the bull sharks are off the sandbar.

-Suu
Stung by stingray, brushed by a nurse shark (they're like kitties!), chased out of the water by a tiger shark at Weedon Island, caught and ate her own blacktip shark, sat on a cownose ray (don't ask), still goes in the Gulf of Mexico, but not the North Atlantic, because of the jellyfish and Portuguese Men-o-war. Fuck those things.

The trick is, you get the oxygen bottle in the shark's mouth, then you shoot it.

My brother has wanted to try this for years. True story. Though his rig involved a harpoon gun.

A harpoon ain't puncturing a pressure vessel, no matter how fast you shoot it.

I never said he was smart. He has some insane delusions of grandeur.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sita on October 22, 2013, 04:19:06 AM
I'd love to go but husband hates the beach. He doesn't like how the sand gets in everything and refuses to swim in the ocean.

You live in Florida.

Trade that man in and get another one, because he's clearly defective. Or just get him polarized sunglasses. They at least show you where the bull sharks are off the sandbar.

-Suu
Stung by stingray, brushed by a nurse shark (they're like kitties!), chased out of the water by a tiger shark at Weedon Island, caught and ate her own blacktip shark, sat on a cownose ray (don't ask), still goes in the Gulf of Mexico, but not the North Atlantic, because of the jellyfish and Portuguese Men-o-war. Fuck those things.
I've lived in Florida my whole life. Been to the beach 3 times at most. I've grown to accept that the beach is just something for me to daydream of.
He doesn't like the idea of swimming with any fish around. Doesn't matter if that fish is a shark, ray or minnow.
And of course he's defective, he married me :lol:

What the fuck is this whimpering?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: Sita on October 22, 2013, 04:19:06 AM

You live in Florida.

-Suu
I've lived in Florida my whole life. Been to the beach 3 times at most. I've grown to accept that the beach is just something for me to daydream of.
He doesn't like the idea of swimming with any fish around. Doesn't matter if that fish is a shark, ray or minnow.
And of course he's defective, he married me :lol:

Leave him at home. I'll call my sister in for the rescue. You're running out of time...THEY are coming.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Mad scientist costume-
Lab coat acquired
Erlenmeyer flask ordered
test tubes ordered
calculator acquired in high school
hair buzzer at ready
Work ID scanned and ready for improving
Google calendar set to text me about how: IRB has rejected my proposal; government shut down has delayed my grant renewal; travel plans to scientific conference have been rescheduled; new law passed to say intended research unethical.
Clipboard

Am I forgetting anything?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh, and Villager dressed as genetic experiment gone wrong (her idea not mine. She wanted to match me.)

Suu

He's packing the car.

I'm a mess right now.

Fuck this.

Cain

Suu

And he's gone. Last thing he carried out of the house was his SCA kite shield so be could go to practices near the new base. So, aptly, I told him, "Come back with your shield, or on it."

The idea that 150 other women and families are dealing with this right now kinda helps, but it sure as hell sucks. So now I'm on my way to class with swollen eyes and controlling sobs. C'est la vie.  Go Navy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Suu on October 22, 2013, 05:44:54 PM
And he's gone. Last thing he carried out of the house was his SCA kite shield so be could go to practices near the new base. So, aptly, I told him, "Come back with your shield, or on it."

The idea that 150 other women and families are dealing with this right now kinda helps, but it sure as hell sucks. So now I'm on my way to class with swollen eyes and controlling sobs. C'est la vie.  Go Navy.

:sad:

Q. G. Pennyworth

LMNO

Suu

On the bright side, he's not that far away, just far enough to be annoying. Which I think is worse than a deployment, because it's a fucking tease. He will be home on weekends he doesn't have section duty, but I can't stay in the barracks with him so I can't really go up there. A fucking tease.

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on October 22, 2013, 06:06:17 PM
On the bright side, he's not that far away, just far enough to be annoying. Which I think is worse than a deployment, because it's a fucking tease. He will be home on weekends he doesn't have section duty, but I can't stay in the barracks with him so I can't really go up there. A fucking tease.

How long will he be there?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."