News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

The First Church of the Wrath of Baby Jesus and Open Bar™

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, September 17, 2013, 06:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on September 18, 2013, 02:56:52 AM
Quote from: What The Fox Say on September 18, 2013, 02:47:02 AM
Quote from: Suu on September 18, 2013, 02:31:18 AM
I learned something horrible tonight about Providence.
90% of our housing subsidies go to rich white people. Approximate age 25-35, who move here from New Hampshire and Vermont, that live downtown or on the West Side. They are often unemployed and living off of trust funds yet filing for aid.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's official. Hipsters are ruining the city. You bitch about "welfare queens" and such, and you don't bitch about the fact that the real "welfare queens" are the snooty rich trustafarian fucktards feigning poverty because they can. You don't bitch about subsidies we pay to oil or corn, but the minute the money goes anywhere near the rich white people, you don't care. What about us poor people? We get nothing. Because: Hipsters.

END THE HIPSTER.

90% seems hard to believe! What's your source?

We had guest speakers tonight in class, 2 state politicians. One a former secretary of state, one a former deputy secretary of state. Both served on the general assembly and city council. This is par for the course around here, actually. I'm surprised it's not 90% "non allocated" which means that it's going into someone's pocket. Just like last year when they "lost" the film tax credits that were supposed to help cover the money that Curt Schilling stole from the state.

They do not fix anything in Providence or RI as a whole unless money goes into someone's pocket. The last person who did that was Buddy Cianci, and he went to jail for 3 years after turning this cesspit of a city into a glistening East Coast gem...and maybe took a little on the side. Then Cicilline took over, broke contracts with civil service, allowed Brown and RISD to buy empty buildings, sucking tax dollars from the city, and then re-allocated money to better suit what he wanted: upscale housing to "attract" Bostonians....At Bostonian prices. Bubble burst, Providence, the "Renaissance City" goes back into the Dark Ages. Universities buy MORE of these "upscale housing" buildings and turn them into dorms, and what's left of that money goes into the "gentrification" of the West Side. Basically, paying white people to move into brown areas. Which is prime real estate for those trustafarian grads from Ivy League schools looking to live the "starving artist" lifestyle in an "up and coming area."

Meanwhile, it appears that 10% leftover is going into some form of Section 8, and maybe the projects. Maybe, apparently nobody is sure.

Providence.

It still seems incredibly improbable. For one thing, it implies that rich white people applying for housing subsidies actually outnumber poor people applying for housing subsidies 9 to 1 in Providence. That doesn't seem statistically possible, so unless the rich people have found some incredible system hack, I think your politicians were lying, or at least badly misinterpreting. I'd contact their offices and ask for sources. 
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I'm going to do some research tomorrow, I'm feeling like ass tonight so I'm headed to bed.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on September 18, 2013, 03:31:09 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 18, 2013, 03:26:42 AM
Quote from: Suu on September 18, 2013, 03:24:07 AM
You know what bothers me about this the most? Is that I knew all this. Of course I did. I didn't turn a blind eye to it, because well, you can't. Corruption is everywhere. Some say it's a part of our "charm." However, there's no reason why I almost laughed til I fell out of my seat in a 100 level class other than for whatever reason, it finally hit my funny bone. Talk about a delayed reaction.

but, I did also have a shitty day, so who knows.

You listened to politicians, and you still believe what they told you.

I have no idea wtf to believe anymore. I knew taking political science was going to drive me up the wall more than my religion class. I need to sit down tomorrow after a real substantial subject, like Latin, and see if I can find more info about the housing issue.

That's a crappy class, I gotta tell ya.  Political science is about studying politics, not indoctrination.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on September 18, 2013, 03:41:03 AM
I'm feeling like ass tonight

This happens to me every day.   :lulz:

It's just weird being on the other side of the Nigel.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I can't deal
With the rest of
The info
But
This is important.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 18, 2013, 03:56:48 AM
Quote from: Suu on September 18, 2013, 03:31:09 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 18, 2013, 03:26:42 AM
Quote from: Suu on September 18, 2013, 03:24:07 AM
You know what bothers me about this the most? Is that I knew all this. Of course I did. I didn't turn a blind eye to it, because well, you can't. Corruption is everywhere. Some say it's a part of our "charm." However, there's no reason why I almost laughed til I fell out of my seat in a 100 level class other than for whatever reason, it finally hit my funny bone. Talk about a delayed reaction.

but, I did also have a shitty day, so who knows.

You listened to politicians, and you still believe what they told you.

I have no idea wtf to believe anymore. I knew taking political science was going to drive me up the wall more than my religion class. I need to sit down tomorrow after a real substantial subject, like Latin, and see if I can find more info about the housing issue.

That's a crappy class, I gotta tell ya.  Political science is about studying politics, not indoctrination.

Could be a deliberate mindfuck, and they're seeing who comes back with "bullshit, I want to see credible data backing that up".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 18, 2013, 03:57:26 AM
Quote from: Suu on September 18, 2013, 03:41:03 AM
I'm feeling like ass tonight

This happens to me every day.   :lulz:

It's just weird being on the other side of the Nigel.   :lulz:

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO NIGEL?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I went on a "date" with an old flame from years ago. It was so so fantastic! Not in a romantic way, at all, because neither of us are looking for that right now, but he opened up and spilled all his insecurities and neuroses in a way he never did when we were dating, and I just LIKED him and had more fun with him, as a friend, than we ever did when we were sleeping together. I feel like I have a new buddy, a new "Oh my god I'm freaking out, come meet me for a drink" type of friend I can talk honestly with about weird shit, and that makes me happy. :)

Cain

Cain

Junkenstein

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 18, 2013, 05:00:35 AM
I RADIO'D GOOD! :digtbk:

Details!

Quote from: Cain on September 18, 2013, 08:47:20 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 18, 2013, 03:13:57 AM
Quote from: Suu on September 18, 2013, 03:10:45 AM

Bottom line is, the money is going SOMEWHERE, but not where it SHOULD be going.

Congratulations.  Tea Party headquarters are somewhere on Federal Hill.

The truth is possibly even more hilarious than that.

I was doing some research on Bush-era funding scandals, and came across a doozy of one.  An entire consortium's worth of front companies, all alleged to be involved in military and intelligence procurements, given no-bid contracts for data storage and a failed piece of software...and who heavily funded the Republicans.

You may remember the Cunningham Scandal, which formed part of this (though the rabbit hole went much deeper).  Over $150 million in contracts were rewarded, the principal con artists were permitted to skim off the top, and then the rest of the money went back into Republican coffers.  Great way to turn public funds into political ones.

Good thing cyberwarfare is a really real threat to the USA, unlike terrorism, and that all these private companies have no political ambitions or affiliations, and only wish to help the great state of America prosper. 

Details! The usual suspects or fresh players? Or fresh players backed by the usual suspects?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain