News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

The First Church of the Wrath of Baby Jesus and Open Bar™

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, September 17, 2013, 06:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So my uncle had unexpected short-notice brain surgery yesterday to remove a couple tumors. He posted right after surgery that it went well.

Just got on Facebook, and got an IM from my aunt saying that she thought I should talk to him.

DO NOT LIKE OMINOUS MESSAGES ACK. Almost every time someone has said that they thought I should talk to a relative it's been because they were about to die. Now I'm nervously awaiting his reply to my IM.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I had the rather selfish thought that I hope he isn't going to try to apologize for being an abrasive dick. I LIKE him that way. I hope removing the tumors doesn't change his personality, because his personality is awesome.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Hope everything turns out right for him.

I am home, and tired and wired from band practice. I was fucking around with unused riffs again, and unless I misinterpreted him completely, I think Pete wants to drum for any side project I get going with them (since it seems unlikely that Anarchangel will be writing again within the next few months even if we are off hiatus.

So, I think I'm there, finally, back in that place where I actually want to play guitar again without external prompting.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Hope it isn't bad news, Nigel.

Hooray for wanting to play again, Twigel!

Tried a new knitting technique to make a baby hat for BFF's oldest child's first spawn. Everything fell off the needles after a seventy-two stitch long-tail cast on. FUCK YOU, CIRCULARS!

WOMPed instead.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on September 27, 2013, 04:42:26 AM

I wasted my summer in a haze of alcohol and STO. It was dumb, especially where it was clear that to everyone but me that it was having a negative effect on my mood. Maybe a chicken and the egg sort of thing but chickens will lay eggs and those eggs will become more chickens that will go on to lay eggs. During that whole time, I couldn't even bring myself to play for more than 5 minutes. The mood just wasn't there, and I've been resistant to band practice even after we got together, but I always feel good after it, and want to do more. In retrospect, I could have spent that whole time coming up with new songs and making demos to get the ideas down. And all it took was forcing me to play for more than 15 minutes to get those ideas flowing again. Hell, I started coming up with fresh ideas for those old unused riffs tonight.

Nephew Twiddleton

Tried a new knitting technique to make a baby hat for BFF's oldest child's first spawn. Everything fell off the needles after a seventy-two stitch long-tail cast on. FUCK YOU, CIRCULARS!

WOMPed instead.

WOMPs are always good- should probably get back to that myself.

Especially with Adventures of Waffle Iron.

Gotta get back to those Rontarans, too.

Quote from: Twigel on September 27, 2013, 04:55:22 AM

I wasted my summer in a haze of alcohol and STO. It was dumb, especially where it was clear that to everyone but me that it was having a negative effect on my mood. Maybe a chicken and the egg sort of thing but chickens will lay eggs and those eggs will become more chickens that will go on to lay eggs. During that whole time, I couldn't even bring myself to play for more than 5 minutes. The mood just wasn't there, and I've been resistant to band practice even after we got together, but I always feel good after it, and want to do more. In retrospect, I could have spent that whole time coming up with new songs and making demos to get the ideas down. And all it took was forcing me to play for more than 15 minutes to get those ideas flowing again. Hell, I started coming up with fresh ideas for those old unused riffs tonight.

I have issues like this with my writing. Can relate. Now that the ideas are flowing . . . perhaps you'll find some HOLYTM and some SLACK as well. :D

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Quote from: Twigel on September 27, 2013, 04:58:17 AM

WOMPed instead.

That reminds me . . . I had a dream awhile ago that Waffle was a comic character that played a ukelele made from struedel and cinnamon rolls. You were the cartoonist and wore a black beret all the time. Your comic finally got turned into a tv cartoon and Nigel is the producer only things catch on fire and Waffle runs away on the walls and escapes the building, taking up a life as a wall mural in NYC.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on September 27, 2013, 05:03:25 AM
Quote from: Twigel on September 27, 2013, 04:55:22 AM

I have issues like this with my writing. Can relate. Now that the ideas are flowing . . . perhaps you'll find some HOLYTM and some SLACK as well. :D

I'm hoping so.

Hopefully my rut won't have been a complete waste and I can draw inspiration. In fact, the riffs that I'm most eager about that I was running over in my head and writing new parts for is about drowning your sorrows to your detriment. I was angling for that sort of thing previously but couldn't get the lyrics working. It previously had the working title of Waters of the Lethe, but I'm renaming it Drowning Again. It will still draw on the imagery of the river in Hades that makes you forget, but I have new lines for it now.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on September 27, 2013, 05:06:24 AM

WOMPed instead.

That reminds me . . . I had a dream awhile ago that Waffle was a comic character that played a ukelele made from struedel and cinnamon rolls. You were the cartoonist and wore a black beret all the time. Your comic finally got turned into a tv cartoon and Nigel is the producer only things catch on fire and Waffle runs away on the walls and escapes the building, taking up a life as a wall mural in NYC.

:lulz:

I actually have a black flat cap floating around that I got in high school that my classmates likened to a beret. IRC, an ambiguously sexual budding writer said I looked like a gay French director.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on September 27, 2013, 05:06:24 AM

WOMPed instead.

Also, I'm going to work all of this into the story. BRB.

Cain

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 27, 2013, 12:25:14 AM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on September 26, 2013, 09:09:31 PM
Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 26, 2013, 07:26:52 PM
I was initially stressed out by the math thing and how rusty I am, but now I am playing around on Khan Academy just doing basic algebra exercises and I am remembering how perfect and lovely and soothing math is.

:eek:

That is not how I remember maths. Note that in the UK they hit us with them in plural. Maybe that's why I found they had a tendency to scamper around the inside of my head rattling pots and pans and flipping me the bird when I tried to catch them. Maybe the american method of tackling them one at a time might have been easier?

:lulz: Quite possibly.

I just like it because it  has order, and form, and consistency, and if you understand the logic everything makes sense, and there are no exceptions; math is ALWAYS logical, and it ALWAYS follows the same system. If I have a wrong answer, it is because I made a mistake, and all I need to do is go back and figure out where that mistake is.

That's exactly why I DON'T like it. It doesn't leave me any wiggle room.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on September 27, 2013, 10:13:47 AM
Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 27, 2013, 12:25:14 AM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on September 26, 2013, 09:09:31 PM
Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 26, 2013, 07:26:52 PM
I was initially stressed out by the math thing and how rusty I am, but now I am playing around on Khan Academy just doing basic algebra exercises and I am remembering how perfect and lovely and soothing math is.

:eek:

That is not how I remember maths. Note that in the UK they hit us with them in plural. Maybe that's why I found they had a tendency to scamper around the inside of my head rattling pots and pans and flipping me the bird when I tried to catch them. Maybe the american method of tackling them one at a time might have been easier?

:lulz: Quite possibly.

I just like it because it  has order, and form, and consistency, and if you understand the logic everything makes sense, and there are no exceptions; math is ALWAYS logical, and it ALWAYS follows the same system. If I have a wrong answer, it is because I made a mistake, and all I need to do is go back and figure out where that mistake is.

That's exactly why I DON'T like it. It doesn't leave me any wiggle room.
I'm with Nigel.
With math you always know who to blame if bad things happen. With everything else there is plausible deniability. The clarity math gives allows for absolute responses, no wishy-washy "let's give only 1/10th of a punishment because i might be wrong" bullshit, just "wrong? ok. KILL ALL EVERYTHING!"
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2013, 06:09:02 AM
Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 27, 2013, 12:25:36 AM
Quote from: Cain on September 26, 2013, 09:42:39 PM
Haha.  Two days after being informed of "goings on", we managed to catch students ordering in kebabs.

Like, 100 francs worth of kebabs (thats about $100 worth, more or less).

So....I think I know what's for lunch tomorrow.

Want.

Me too.  They've been stored in my bathroom overnight, so that's pretty much the only thing I can smell right now.

Be sure to reveal their storage location when about halfway through the meal.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.