News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

TELL ME WHEN THE WHISTLE BLOWS

Started by Doktor Howl, April 09, 2012, 05:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

I always suspected those people who sit at the corner and wait until you're 6 yards away to make their turn into your lane, only to drive 21mph in a 35 zone, thereby, making you shift constantly between 3rd and 4th gear (not enough rpms for 4th, too many for 3rd) were doing it on PURPOSE.

NOW, I KNOW THEY ARE.

EK WAFFLR

Today, while chatting with the neighbour after grocery shopping, A squirrel came by and ate all the bird food.

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nigel on April 12, 2012, 07:03:49 AM
It's like a wonderland here

and occasionally you stop to ask yourself, why is everyone so cheerful and POLITE?

Today EOT told me why he does it. Why he's so over-the-top courteous. Why he stops to let pedestrians cross the street, and waves people on when it's not really their turn.

He does it because it enrages everyone around him.

And that, really, pretty much sums up Portland.

OMG, I do that too.

The Good Reverend Roger

Engineers are like your appendix.  If they give you any shit, get rid of them with knives.

Tucson is like heaven today.  Heaven on Earth.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 18, 2013, 07:26:32 PM
Engineers are like your appendix.  If they give you any shit, get rid of them with knives.

Tucson is like heaven today.  Heaven on Earth.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

This can only end in tears.

Tears in the fabric of reality, that is.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."