News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

New US Congressional Oath

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, October 16, 2013, 10:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

I ____________ do solemnly swear to actually do my fucking job. I will not take any money from anybody for anything, except my paycheck for doing my fucking job. I will not maintain any financial connections to entities that will benefit from my work in Congress, nor will I graduate from Congress to some lobbying firm or industry that benefits from my work in Congress. If I am caught doing any such thing, I consent to having my teeth ripped out with pliers by a crack whore on national television and all my life savings (including assets such as real estate) donated to a charity of my pissed off constituent's choosing. I will generally not act like a shitneck, including but not limited to: lying about the bills I propose or support, being an obstructivist dick for political reasons, ignoring my constituents, making misleading statements on the house or senate floor, funding bullshit that I know is bullshit, etc. I will at all times work to create a body of laws that makes life better for my constituents and the American People, even if it makes me look "soft on crime" or some such nonsense. I will read the bills that are put forward, and I will not submit any bills that are obnoxiously long or worded in ways that are misleading. I will not add "riders" to anything. Ever. I will not vote to outlaw anything just because I don't like it. Finally, I swear that I will take this shit seriously.

The Good Reverend Roger

:mittens:

On the other hand, "Death by Riders" has been a positive benefit once or twice.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Nicely put.  And if anyone thinks this refers to the party on the other side of the isle, they're wrong.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 16, 2013, 10:05:32 PM
Nicely put.  And if anyone thinks this refers to the party on the other side of the isle, they're wrong.

Right now, I'm looking at this as a house vs a senate thing.  The old timers in the GOP in the senate are furious about all this bullshit, and rightfully so.  This IS a couple of generations of bad behavior come home to roost from all sides of the equation, but I'm calling the tea party as the actual culprit, here.

The three blocs are all corrupt, but that doesn't make them identical.  They are merely evil in different ways.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

And, just so everyone is clear on this, the shutdown is a direct result of replacing TOO MANY congressmen at one time.  The old game worked, because you had 1 freshman for every 5-6 long term congressmen, who at least knew the rules.

Change too many at once, you have people who think governance is merely the art of putting on a show.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 16, 2013, 10:03:55 PM

It may get the job done, but if the process is so broken that you need to break it more to get the right bills through and the wrong bills shitcanned, that speaks to a larger problem.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 16, 2013, 10:22:07 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 16, 2013, 10:03:55 PM

It may get the job done, but if the process is so broken that you need to break it more to get the right bills through and the wrong bills shitcanned, that speaks to a larger problem.

Well, yes.

The problem being "getting 312 million primates to agree on anything."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!