News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Cronodon: Museum of the Future.

Started by Kai, September 20, 2013, 06:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

http://cronodon.com/

I really don't even know what to make of this. Writings on just about every subject, including fantastical things. The stuff on biology is accurate and quite well written.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Junkenstein

Interesting stuff, will try and get through what I can understand.

http://cronodon.com/BotCV.html

With a bit of sluething you could probably work out who it is?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Kai

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 20, 2013, 07:18:58 PM
Interesting stuff, will try and get through what I can understand.

http://cronodon.com/BotCV.html

With a bit of sluething you could probably work out who it is?

Already have, and already know. Worked it out with the CV and some of the focuses and photographs in the insect portion. I suspect he wants to keep it semi-anonymous, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

Incidentally, I love the manifesto on that page.

QuoteYou may call yourselves Homo sapiens (even though your species has a saying that it is foolish to
consider oneself wise!) but your species is primitive in the grand scheme of things. However, the
Erfavlins have given Bot a shoestring budget to set-up a website designed to help expand the
horizons of your species, because one thing you do have is potential. Sadly, your species is
showing signs of socio-cultural developmental degeneracy. You are entering a new Dark Age
where only knowledge that makes someone 'rich' (according to a poor definition of the word) is
deemed of value by many of your species. However, if you only knew more of the wonders that are
all around you, but which most of you fail to see, then you might recognise[sic] the wisdom of Nature
and be able to learn much from its instruction. It is our aim, therefore, to expand your mind beyond
your tiny and ephemeral sphere to other worlds, strange, beautiful and alien worlds; worlds that are
all around you, within you and far away across the unimaginable immensities of space and time. At
the very least we hope that you will experience some joy or amazement at the Real World (which is
not the artificial construct that your species likes to call the 'real world' in classic narrow-minded
and egocentric fashion). You may even become enlightened with a much deeper understanding of
the nature of things, which can lead to a veritable cornucopia. We do this because we still believe,
many would say foolishly, in the potential of your species.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Starer Robert

A major international conference on 'The Future of Ethnographic Museums' with lectures from leading figures in the study of museums and anthropology, opportunities for debate and discussion, a reception and late night event at the Pitt Rivers Museum.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on November 02, 2013, 11:02:18 PM
Is it a bot?

Maybe.

It's hard to tell the difference between bots and people who have done too many drugs.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Which should really serve as a warning to us all.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.