News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Who are you?

Started by East Coast Hustle, April 26, 2005, 08:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC
Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
Quote from: Ghost In The MachineThey fooled women into wanting to work a job, and now they (women) have no choice.

You really can't win, you know.
It has only been middle class to upper middle class that ever had a choice.  Poor women have always had to work.

Ouch! Now there you go bringing up that dirty idea known as "class." Shhh! We're supposed to be all equal nowadays. With equal opportunity and justice and freedom for all. Don't mention poor people. They're not supposed to exist.
Heh, I had the same conversation with my mom and she didn't believe me.  To her, all women in the 1950's were sitting at home with their kids.  No, seriously, she's going to be 67 this year, and it is really not worth it to try to convince her of anything new.  We have plenty of things to debate and discuss without having a fight about what it was like outside of the little white town we lived in then.  Of course, a lot of the women she knew were farmer's wives, and they worked harder than a lot of women who work outside the house.  And farmer's couldn't make a living then, so much, without their wives help.  Also keep in mind, the town we lived in was 30 minutes from Flint and 30 minutes from Lansing, 2 towns that were building a lot of cars in those days.

Don't get me started on some of the first blacks to graduate collge.  Some of them still had to work as janitors and maids because no one would hire them in the white color world.  Pun unintended, but visciously true, hehehe :twisted: Some white people are truely stupid :roll:

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Shit. My family was all working and poor class until the sixties when some became 'prosperous' to the point of being ignorant of their roots....

I grew up conscious of the IWW and the labor movement and all that....how blacks were being treated, even up here in the north in a city like chicago...it always pisses me off when the upper classes think that there is no content in anyone 'beneath' them. But when I try to express any anger over that, I get told that class no longer exists and that I should just STFU and think about unity....yeah....sure....I'll think about unity when society thinks it's justice to pay a burger flipper or a coal miner enough to actually live on.

Perhaps I got too militant. I think a revolution would occur just by a society-wide strike. Most of my family...since they became middle class...no longer understands.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Bob the Mediocre

Careful, class warfare is anti-American. If Bush finds out, he'll get all rich-boy on your ass.
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

Donkeyotay

I just can't stop! Perhaps I need help.......

Naw, I don't :twisted: